According to Prune, Titan are acquiring another A321 and it to be based in STN on behalf of Jet2.

So that would also mean a further aircraft - another a320 from Titan or another B737-800?

Jet2 / Jet2holidays London Stansted summer 2021 programme now on sale. 226 weekly flights to 45 destinations. Looks like it maybe a year of no growth and is this Jet2 actually maturing the operation down South after 3/4 years of consistent growth at the base?
  • 3+ routes to Murcia (Corvera), La Rochelle & Pula looked like they may have been dropped, as they are not on sale.
  • Decrease in frequency to Chania (Crete), Mykonos, Alicante & Gerona.
  • Increased frequency on routes to Palma (Majorca), Mahon (Menorca), Arrecife (Lanzarote), Corfu, Heraklion (Crete), Rhodes, Zakynthos (Zante) & Skiathos
Press Release here:

Yesterday's flight to Corfu had a bad weather problems when it got to Corfu and after holding for a while tried to get in but failed and diverted to Athens. The plane that took them from Stansted was replaced by one flown from LBA this morning and this plane (G-JZBL) lifted the much delayed passengers from ATH to CFU early this afternoon and has now left CFU for STN and is due to arrive there shortly after 5pm. What has happened to DRTN is unknown at the moment as is whether or not JZBL will position back to LBA. I imagine the STN/CFU passengers will be glad to be now officially on holiday in Corfu after having taken off yesterday just after 4pm and eventually arriving there about 24 hours later!

Jet2 have taken its new London Stansted to Athens route off sale.

SeanM1997 on twitter

Jet2 are adding 2 new routes from its London Stansted base. Rome Fiumicino and Athens.

Rome- Starts March 30th 2023 at 4 weekly flights on Mondays, Thursdays Fridays and Sundays.

Athens- Starts March 30th 2023 at 2 weekly flights on Thursdays and Sundays.

Source of info: SeanM1997 on twitter.

ATH was planned in Summer 2020, think it was then planned to come back this summer but quietly dropped so always in the pipeline.

Rome really surprises me from London.

ATH was planned in Summer 2020, think it was then planned to come back this summer but quietly dropped so always in the pipeline.

Rome really surprises me from London.
It’s still considered a new route as it hasn’t operated.

It’s still considered a new route as it hasn’t operated.

Oh I was never denying that it was a new route. I'm well aware that it is a new route just giving some background for other members.

FCO, like I've said, is a surprise to almost everyone. Can they sustain the competition from other London airports/based airlines on such a high frequency route?

STN-BOJ operated in summer 2019. This is good publicity but isn’t a brand new route. It’s a re start that was initially withdrawn due to Ukraine stuff but clearly Jet2 now think they can make a decent revenue. Just in time for the school holidays.

Last edited:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock