Rugby, Football and General Sport flights/charters.

Advertisement

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Wales Euro 2020 draw
v Switzerland in Baku 13/6/20
v Turkey in Baku 17/6/20
v Italy in Rome 21/6/20
Cardiff airport should hopefully see a decent amount of charters for those games especially Rome and hopefully we'll see some 737 flights from KLM fingers crossed!

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Wales Euro 2020 draw
v Switzerland in Baku 13/6/20
v Turkey in Baku 17/6/20
v Italy in Rome 21/6/20
Cardiff airport should hopefully see a decent amount of charters for those games especially Rome and hopefully we'll see some 737 flights from KLM fingers crossed!
I've just looked at easyJet's BRS-FCO booking engine. Flights both ways on the days leading up to and after the Italy v Wales match are up to seven times more expensive than many other dates in that part of June - up to £332 per sector.

Football-wise it's not a bad draw for Wales with every chance of further progression which would lead to more flights.

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
I've just looked at easyJet's BRS-FCO booking engine. Flights both ways on the days leading up to and after the Italy v Wales match are up to seven times more expensive than many other dates in that part of June - up to £332 per sector.
Oh yes I remember them doing that for the Bilbao final for Cardiff blues a few years ago £400 one way if I remember correctly. For many of the fans it was much cheaper to drive.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Yes fingers crossed!
The way this rather convoluted and controversial competition has been set up - the draw this evening needed a masters degree in esoterica in order to have a remote chance of understanding the illogicallity of it all - gives a wonderful opportunity for most of the major footballing nations to proceed from the group stage.

There are six groups and the winner and runner-up in each group will move on to the the last 16 knock-out stage. As that only accounts for 12 teams, four others - the best third-placed sides in the groups - will also find their way into the knock-out stage. Wales would have a more than even chance of finishing amongst the best third-placed sides in the groups, although if they play as they can they could easily qualify as group runner-up (Italy play all three of their games in Rome so will be strong favourites to win the group but with these competitions all sorts of surprises can spring up).

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
The way this rather convoluted and controversial competition has been set up - the draw this evening needed a masters degree in esoterica in order to have a remote chance of understanding the illogicallity of it all - gives a wonderful opportunity for most of the major footballing nations to proceed from the group stage.
I didn't see the draw but i can imagine that it was complicated and of course i believe many of the teams are unknown as they have yet to qualify.
Wales do have a good chance of qualifying and from what i've seen of them under Giggs seem to getting better! So fingers crossed we'll have a few airlifts leaving Cardiff in the summer!

mathers_wales_uk

I have booked my flights to Rome via Gatwick on Vueling.

When I booked my flights at midnight KLM was already over £300 and connections via Vienna with Austrian (CityJet) or Lufthansa also looking at £300 each way.

I was looking for 19th June outbound and 23rd return as my Birthday is on the 22nd so my wife and I will make the most of it.

Obviously as people keep looking at the prices the more the prices go up as the system detects a surge.

I hope I can get tickets for Baku and that there is an organised trip to Baku for a short stay.

Top Bottom