Icelandic start-up budget carrier Play plans A321 fleet

Play is aiming to operate services initially to Europe, it says.

It plans to open routes to a number of North American destinations in spring 2020 and bring its fledgling fleet up to six aircraft for the summer season.

Maybe one for BHX in the near future...?

It would be nice to see such a Beautiful Airline called PLAY serve Birmingham - Iceland and USA /CANADA - I hope Birmingham welcomes them. Make me happy come on Babby FLY BHX x x x x love you BHX x x x x

Attachments

• PLAY AIRLINES.jpg
    PLAY AIRLINES.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 5
Yep, sorry, I should have put more in my reply than 'hope not' but that is pretty much nail=head.

Don't want another Primera debacle, don't really need a start up airline offering £199 return flights to the USA.

How old will their aircraft be? What will their tech contingency be with 6 aircraft and 'a number of North American destinations' on offer?

How old was that 757 that was being used with Primera? 29 years old?

Because its a bum business model yet to be successful isn’t it ?

WOW Primera even Norwegian hasn‘t worked out how to actually make money with the Max/321 over the ocean !

Aer Lingus and TAP on the other hand have gone with a balanced approach with a fair amount of premium capacity increasing yield potential with measured and lower all up weights improving performance at the same time.

Because its a bum business model yet to be successful isn’t it ?

WOW Primera even Nowegian hasn‘t worked out how to actually make money with the Max/321 over the ocean !

Aer Lingus and TAP on the other hand have gone with a balanced approach with a fair amount of premium capacity increasing yield potential with measured and lower all up weights improving performance at the same time.

I'm not interested in the TATL offer, I am more interested in BHX having a direct service to KEF maybe x 3 weekly which airlines such as Easyjet offer from other regional airports.

And at the moment I can't see lots of other airlines queuing up to offer this service.

Easyjet may well be a far better option (if they remember where Birmingham is) or even dare i say TUi twice a week, for the smells of sulphur, ice and snow, a chance to see Bjork or Lay Low and all whilst having your pocket fleeced experience .

Easyjet may well be a far better option (if they remember where Birmingham is) or even dare i say TUi twice a week, for the smells of sulphur, ice and snow, a chance to see Bjork or Lay Low and all whilst having your pocket fleeced experience .

Each to there own and all that rutamkrd, its what makes us all different.

Imagine if everybody was like you :stop:

We had Iceland Air didn't we? How did that pan out?

They pulled out at short notice around the same time as American and United just before Primera sort of turned up but we've had that discussion on here before.

Icelandair seemed to leave in a hurry. Was this because they were upset with BHX for some reason? Their monthly pax figures had been falling but the planned introduction of the 737MAX (yes, I know - that's another story) would have been ideal and possibly allowed for a more frequent service.
I would like to see them back due to their convenient links to the USA.

Kevin

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock