Ryanair

Kevin Farnell

Staff member
Another new route! Birmingham to Knock Ireland west airport!
Flights starting on March 29th 2022 at 2 weekly on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
I've always wondered why Ryanair never ran this service from BHX. They run EMA - NOC, but Birmingham has a far larger Irish community than the East Midlands. My former girlfriend and her mother regularly used the old Flybe service, which I believe was daily through the summer months.

Kevin

rollo

Aug 26, 2014
Wonder if they are sending a message to Flybe/Emerald/Aer Lingus?

Already started Cork with Shannon and now Knock to come next spring. Also noted Dublin had six rotations on Sunday and they are regularly running 4/5 daily, today was five.

Londonderry next!

HPsauce

Feb 11, 2020
Birmingham B36
Ryanair have removed Bratislava, Turing and Katowice from Summer 22 from BHX according to Sean97 along with other routes from UK airports.

CM.

Apr 29, 2021
Leeds
BHX-TRN is Winter seasonal so won’t be on sale for Summer 22. The Winter 22/23 schedule hasn’t been put on sale yet so won’t be any flights yet.

As for BTS and KTW I’m not sure on those but could it be due to reduced travel demand??

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
According to the article linked below which was Tweeted by Ryanair the decision is due to the “blocking of slots that TAP cannot use” and that the affected routes "will return in the winter period".

Still a loss for BHX as the recovery begins but lets hope that it's a temporary blip and it does return for winter.

Matty_85

Dec 18, 2020
Birmingham
According to the article linked below which was Tweeted by Ryanair the decision is due to the “blocking of slots that TAP cannot use” and that the affected routes "will return in the winter period".

Still a loss for BHX as the recovery begins but lets hope that it's a temporary blip and it does return for winter.
I hope it returns, I only managed to use the route once but it seemed to be busy both in & out

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.