Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
United-Kingdom
As we have a great deal of banter on the forum regarding Leeds United I figured it was time to start a thread for them.

If Leeds United isn't your team, by all means, feel free to start a thread for your team here in our dedicated Sports Forum.

#lufc #leedsunited #weareleeds

Myself? Thinking about how Leeds United were a tough team, and how a certain Chairman almost destroyed the club and then the fans that caused havoc. My lot ( Manchester United ) have a dreadful history and I was always in fear of a beating or worse when going to matches when United were visitors, but matters improved following the European ban.

I think I am looking forward to next season and some tasty fixtures if Leeds gain promotion.

Myself? Thinking about how Leeds United were a tough team, and how a certain Chairman almost destroyed the club and then the fans that caused havoc. My lot ( Manchester United ) have a dreadful history and I was always in fear of a beating or worse when going to matches when United were visitors, but matters improved following the European ban.

I think I am looking forward to next season and some tasty fixtures if Leeds gain promotion.
My abiding memory of Leeds United is that of an eleven year old who watched them play away at Bristol City in the old Second Division (today's Championship) in 1955 because in their side that day was the great John Charles.

We football-mad youngsters in those days could only hero-worship from what we read in the sports section of newspapers (if many of us read those) or football magazines, although apart from Charles Buchan's Football Monthly I can't recall many others then. Nevertheless, John Charles was known to any self-respecting kid who followed football. I don't think I even minded that Leeds United beat Bristol City 1-0 that day as I had seen John Charles play.

He was to attain even more recognition in the years ahead when he played for Juventus in Italy.

Well then, they are back in the top division in England. The fixture list will make interesting reading and I expect heavy policing at regional derby games! I am feeling nervous based upon past events but hopefully Leeds United have stronger financial rigour in the boardroom and no flakey chairman!

Congratulations to Leeds fans.

But for how long?

One of two things will happen to LUFC - they will remain in the Premier League for a number of years, possibly a lot of years, if the correct investment comes in. And they invest in the team etc. Could Bielsa become what Alex Ferguson did to Man UTD to LUFC?

Or they'll come straight back down the other end next season.

Congratulations Leeds, thoroughly deserved :)

Now if you could do us a favour and beat Charlton on Wed I'll be very grateful indeed (hoping Blackburn can do the same at Luton).

Yep congratulations after years of trying well done.

As Mr Finkle says please stuff Charlton tomorrow as our lot couldn't beat an egg these days.

Fight2win - have you got LUFC conquering Europe already? It certainly sounds that way with your description of their footballing standards

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock