Advertisement

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
  • Admin
As we have a great deal of banter on the forum regarding Leeds United I figured it was time to start a thread for them.

If Leeds United isn't your team, by all means, feel free to start a thread for your team here in our dedicated Sports Forum.

#lufc #leedsunited #weareleeds

JENNYJET

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Subscriber
Dec 15, 2015
ASTWOOD BANK, WORCESTERSHIRE.
Myself? Thinking about how Leeds United were a tough team, and how a certain Chairman almost destroyed the club and then the fans that caused havoc. My lot ( Manchester United ) have a dreadful history and I was always in fear of a beating or worse when going to matches when United were visitors, but matters improved following the European ban.

I think I am looking forward to next season and some tasty fixtures if Leeds gain promotion.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
Myself? Thinking about how Leeds United were a tough team, and how a certain Chairman almost destroyed the club and then the fans that caused havoc. My lot ( Manchester United ) have a dreadful history and I was always in fear of a beating or worse when going to matches when United were visitors, but matters improved following the European ban.

I think I am looking forward to next season and some tasty fixtures if Leeds gain promotion.
My abiding memory of Leeds United is that of an eleven year old who watched them play away at Bristol City in the old Second Division (today's Championship) in 1955 because in their side that day was the great John Charles.

We football-mad youngsters in those days could only hero-worship from what we read in the sports section of newspapers (if many of us read those) or football magazines, although apart from Charles Buchan's Football Monthly I can't recall many others then. Nevertheless, John Charles was known to any self-respecting kid who followed football. I don't think I even minded that Leeds United beat Bristol City 1-0 that day as I had seen John Charles play.

He was to attain even more recognition in the years ahead when he played for Juventus in Italy.

Top Bottom