Am I the only person who appears to have stopped getting emails advising of updates to threads I am following? It only seems to have happened in the last 48 hours.

Am I the only person who appears to have stopped getting emails advising of updates to threads I am following? It only seems to have happened in the last 48 hours.

I have notified @Brandin and he will get it sorted out as soon as possible. It seems the server technicians went a little hard when reconfiguring the server and broke the Emailing system that XenForo uses. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Many thanks Brandin and certainly my inbox is starting to be populated with F4A notifications.
Out of interest I've notice another subtle change/improvement and that is, if I read a thread that has an alert on it, then the alert count goes down. Thars great because I often read "New Posts" before looking at the alerts.

Many thanks Brandin and certainly my inbox is starting to be populated with F4A notifications.
Out of interest I've notice another subtle change/improvement and that is, if I read a thread that has an alert on it, then the alert count goes down. Thars great because I often read "New Posts" before looking at the alerts.

That will be the Xenforo update we've just had installed. There's a few subtle changes and a few back room changes.

I believe we have resolved the issue that Ashley mentioned above. Sorry for any issues, and thank you for noticing the issue.

Thankfully I think yesterday's server outage will have been during the forums quietest period between midnight and around 6 am here in the UK so it went largely unnoticed. Thank you for being "on the ball" in getting it sorted for us.

)I have lots of spare time after I lost my wife and now retired. I look at most postings every day as it kills time.The last comment sounds bad but there is no malice in it.I was a moderator on another forum site(non aviation) and the guy that ran it passed away so the site was closed.I live near BRS airport so im going to favour that airport like many others on these forums follow their airport close to where they live.I will post on other airport threads if I think it warrents comments. News released by airports has got rather quiet lately so the random thread many times relates to things near the airports and in a roundabout wayb affect the airports. With this site being updated there was a few hickups which I reported and had comments back and was sorted out.This site in my mind works very well and with any forum users have always got comments to this and that ,and many ways they are added and work well. So this forum is top notch for me to spend lots of time reading posts.To sum it up the upgrade on here is a good upgrade and long may it continue.Well done to the site maintenance guys for a good job.Also to you aviador a good job by you on keeping every thing in order. A good job by all.

superking can I just say how sorry I am to hear of your sad loss.Obviously I don't know whether it was recently, but I'm glad that you have found something to do with your spare time. I know, from personal experience, how hard it can be when circumstances suddenly change and that you can find it difficult to find things to do to keep you occupied.

Like you I now read every post that is put on this forum - some more in depth than others - and I would agree that, whilst relatively small, the level of discussion is great and, more importantly, very friendly. Aviador is really hands-on when it comes to running the site, with the help of the tech/maintenance people.

Take care of yourself.

I'm curious about the points system. Along with my points, I now have a 'Reaction Score' as well.
What is it, and how are they accumulated?

Keep up the great work!

Kevin

The reaction score, was previously recorded as "likes". This has been replaced with a karma/ratings system based on the reactions you recieve on the posts you make as explained by @Aviador. Hope this helps :)

Also, thanks for the amazing feedback @superking it's greatly appreciated :love:

The reaction score, was previously recorded as "likes". This has been replaced with a karma/ratings system based on the reactions you recieve on the posts you make as explained by @Aviador. Hope this helps :)

Also, thanks for the amazing feedback @superking it's greatly appreciated :love:
Many thanks for the expalantion, Ashley (and also Aviador).
I've always thought of F4A as the friendliest Airports/aviation forum around. However, the first time I read that someone had 'reacted' to one of my posts, I found this confrontational (before I'd read that they'd done so with a 'like').
I just wonder, if it would be possible to use the term 'responded to' rather than 'reacted to' (and 'response score' rather than 'reaction score')? as this seems much friendlier and more in keeping with the F4A morals.
I appreciate and like the new emoji’s and understand that having a smple 'like' reply doesn't fit with these options.
Please don't see my comments as negativie. I love and feel very privileged to be a member of such a great community.
Just my thoughts.
Thanks again for a wonderful forum.

Kind regards

Kevin

I can feel a debate coming along here.

It's a very good point but is it a response or a reaction?

Purely my personal understanding is If somebody leaves you a reply that becomes a response but if somebody leaves you a "like", that is a reaction.

An example would be on the thread where people post about well known faces who have sadly departed us. Previously people reacted with a "like" but really they were thanking the poster for the sad news. Now the user can react with a sad emotion emoji which is far more appropriate. They might not necessarily respond to the post but an emoji is similar to thanking the user for the information whilst at the same time showing how that information made them feel.

Whatever our own opinion is on this, the wording was originally chosen by our forum software provider which is Xenforo. As with most things relating to the inner workings of the site I'd need a consensus of opinion before seeking to change it.

I feel like I am letting Forums4Airports down as I dont post much anymore. And the only reason why I dont post much anymore is becouse there is nowt happening at my local airport.

I do still post stuff on the urban forum but I dont post everything I have on urban/city stuff becouse this is an airports forum and I dont want the other stuff taking over so I leave it.

Maybe I need to get more involved in other airports and update them from time to time like some of the smaller UK airports/European airports that hardly get a mention.

What do you think guys/gals ?

:grumpy:

I sectioned off the new posts for the different area of the site so people who only prefer one particular topic aren't bombarded with updates for other areas so please, feel free to post as much as you like in any area of the forum @Brum X

I feel like I am letting Forums4Airports down as I dont post much anymore. And the only reason why I dont post much anymore is becouse there is nowt happening at my local airport.

I do still post stuff on the urban forum but I dont post everything I have on urban/city stuff becouse this is an airports forum and I dont want the other stuff taking over so I leave it.

Maybe I need to get more involved in other airports and update them from time to time like some of the smaller UK airports/European airports that hardly get a mention.

What do you think guys/gals ?

:grumpy:
More information on the less popular UK and European airports (in terms of posts on F4A, not necessarily their size as airports) would be welcome from my perspective.

I'm probably more fortunate than most members in that I have the time to look at all the posts submitted on F4A and in so doing I've learned a lot about aviation in general and gleaned specific information about many airports about which I would otherwise have been unaware.

I look forward to reading anything you can dig up about these 'other' airports, Brum X.

BTW, your posts and pictures re the astonishing developments in the city of Birmingham are of great interest to me and, I am sure, to others, and I feel I know more about Birmingham as a result of your submissions even though it's a city that, unfortunately, I've rarely visited which is strange given it's only about 100 miles from where I live.

More information on the less popular UK and European airports (in terms of posts on F4A, not necessarily their size as airports) would be welcome from my perspective.

I'm probably more fortunate than most members in that I have the time to look at all the posts submitted on F4A and in so doing I've learned a lot about aviation in general and gleaned specific information about many airports about which I would otherwise have been unaware.

I look forward to reading anything you can dig up about these 'other' airports, Brum X.

BTW, your posts and pictures re the astonishing developments in the city of Birmingham are of great interest to me and, I am sure, to others, and I feel I know more about Birmingham as a result of your submissions even though it's a city that, unfortunately, I've rarely visited which is strange given it's only about 100 miles from where I live.

Hi TheLocalYokel,

I am glad you find my post's on the Urban thread interesting and will continue to post stuff when I receive it, just didn't want it to become the norm that everyday I'm posting some photo of a crane/building :ROFLMAO:

I think the way forward for me on this forum is that I am going to come out of my Birmingham/BHX bubble and start taking more of an interest in other airports, I'm not going to start updating the big hitters on here such as LBA/BHX/MAN/BRS/CWL as you guys cover these airports but I will start updating the likes of EDI/GLA/BFS/STN even LHR/LGW have a poor following so I will do my best to update the forum with news about these airports.

Hopefully this will help me to continue to be an active memeber of FFA, rather than one just sitting on the side waiting for things to happen, I might be waiting a long time. ;)

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock