Just noticed one missing from the Wik List

Severn Airways who operated the Dove G-APSK from Leeds to Newquay

Back in the day Air UK practically kept LBA going singlehandedly with Fokker F27 aircraft. Manx were a regular back then too.

Manx was big at Liverpool of course, with a nice logo and a variety of aircraft SD360/ SD330s , APTs, J41s and BAe146s. I think they had Viscounts before all that but I don't remember that,

Back in the day Air UK practically kept LBA going singlehandedly with Fokker F27 aircraft. Manx were a regular back then too.

You can see an Air UK F27 and a Herald ( two varieties of livery ) at an aviation museum close to Norwich Airport

Another missing from Wiki list is Treffield International

They also operated Viscout G-ATVE, which was quite a regular sight at Leeds peraticualrly when operated by Channel Airways

Another missing from the list is Skyguard. A cargo/packages airline. Operated a single HP Herald aircraft ( ex BMA ?) possibly G-ATIG. I believe this was a Securicor venture in the late 1980's/early 90's. Based at BHX.

Another missing from the list is Skyguard. A cargo/packages airline. Operated a single HP Herald aircraft ( ex BMA ?) possibly G-ATIG. I believe this was a Securicor venture in the late 1980's/early 90's. Based at BHX.
Yes, I remember them and it was part of Securicor. I found this image on the web -

Skyguard Herald

(sorry, unable to insert pic as an image).
This shows it to be G-AYMG. One thing I remember about their operations is ATC asking if they were ready for immediate take off. The reply being 'negative' as they had to wait for temperatures to come up. I don't recall other RR Dart powered aircraft (Viscount, HS748, F27) having to do this. Perhaps it was due to the short taxi from BHX cargo ramp.

Kevin

Last edited:
This is a list of all airlines so far mentioned in this thread -

Air Anglia
Air Finland
Air Southwest
Air UK
Armavia Airlines
Astraeus
BCAL
BKS
British Airtours
British Eagle
Carpatair
Cobalt Air
Cosmo
Court Line
Cyprus Airways
Dan Air
Eurocypria
Flybe
Ghana International Airlines
Iberworld
JAT
Kingfisher Airlines
Laker Airways
Malev
Manx
Mercury Airlines
Monarch
Morton Air Services
Primera
Severn Airways
Skyguard
Skyway/City Airline
SkyWork
Small Planet Airlines
Spanair
Treffield International
WOW

I wonder if it is worth adding as a 'sticky' at the start of the thread, so that members don't have to search through the whole thread to see if an airline has already been mentioned.
If so, it would require updating, which I can't do, as my posts are locked after 10 mins.

Kevin

bristol based paramount, Bryman, air2000, air3000, world airways, continental, Hispania, northwest
A few more for list. Getting late and brain not working right. There is lots of memories with some airlines listed.

This is a list of all airlines so far mentioned in this thread -

Air Anglia
Air Finland
Air Southwest
Air UK
Armavia Airlines
Astraeus
BCAL
BKS
British Airtours
British Eagle
Carpatair
Cobalt Air
Cosmo
Court Line
Cyprus Airways
Dan Air
Eurocypria
Flybe
Ghana International Airlines
Iberworld
JAT
Kingfisher Airlines
Laker Airways
Malev
Manx
Mercury Airlines
Monarch
Morton Air Services
Primera
Severn Airways
Skyguard
Skyway/City Airline
SkyWork
Small Planet Airlines
Spanair
Treffield International
WOW

I wonder if it is worth adding as a 'sticky' at the start of the thread, so that members don't have to search through the whole thread to see if an airline has already been mentioned.
If so, it would require updating, which I can't do, as my posts are locked after 10 mins.

Kevin

Cambrian Airways is another. Court Line was my first ever flight, Cardiff to Barcelona, don’t know if Gerona was operational in the early 70’s

Hi @Kevin Farnell I can't add your post as a sticky unless I add it to the first post (which I will do by the way)

One way of ensuring the list is updated is by users copying your post as a "quote" and then by editing it accordingly removing the quote bbcode tags and it will display as n new post plus the additional information.

Sorry. Twevsmiff was referring to a wiki list of 'Defunct British Airlines ' originally. That was my reason for questioning the non British airlines coming up more recently.

Anyone mentioned British Caledonian, I flew on the BAC 1-11s a couple of times. LGW- GVA and LGW-GRO. Other defunct airlines I have flown on is Laker , TWA , JAT and Sabena.

an unusual one I flew on was Janus Airways Lydd to Ostend , Le Touquet and Beauvais.

@Carl0927 it's not on the list compiled by @Kevin Farnell you can add by "quoting" the list in post #68 and edit it to include British Caledonian.

The only time I ever saw the airline at my local airport was when they operated on behalf of Exeter tour company Globespan who operated flights to Toronto back in the 90s. I always remember them as professional and well respected within the industry.

Do not know what went wrong with the wording on my previous post but I'm blaming predictve text, the dog and the fact that England got a wicket in the cricket.

Anyone remember National who operated Heathrow to Miami with DC10s before being taken over by PanAm, also Braniff who’s colour schemes were sort of pinched by Court Line.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock