Aircraft No Longer Flying

thunderchild

Aug 29, 2013
Lichfield
If you could have a flight on an airliner no longer in civil operation (or so rare than it’s virtually impossible) that you never got the chance to fly what would it be?

For me it would be either a Tupolev TU-154 or a VC-10.

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Concorde.

The Tupolev TU-154 is a great shout.

Although I flew on one when I was around 6 years old I'd love another ride in a BAC One-Eleven, especially now I'm old enough to appreciate it.

rollo

Aug 26, 2014
Flew on the One-Eleven a few times best flight was returning on a work trip from Milan to BHX on BA with a passenger load struggling to make double figures, it absolutely belted down the runway and lived up to it's nickname of pocket rocket in the climb, I'm sure we arrived early back at BHX.

thunderchild

Aug 29, 2013
Lichfield
Concorde.

The Tupolev TU-154 is a great shout.

Although I flew on one when I was around 6 years old I'd love another ride in a BAC One-Eleven, especially now I'm old enough to appreciate it.

Why didn’t I think of Concorde?! Technically I have been on it - twice in fact, the one at Manchester Airport and the one on the Hudson River!

I think I was about 4 when I went on a BAC 1-11 but I do remember walking down the steps at the back.

Scottie Dog

Staff member
Subscriber
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
Airspeed AS-57 Ambassador. I loved the way that the whole tail assembly shuck when the engines were "run up" prior to departure.

HPsauce

Feb 11, 2020
Birmingham B36
Travelled on British Airways BAC 1-11 to Jersey from BHX in the late 70's. I remember the seat layout was unusual. Like a train carriage with seats facing those opposite and a table between. G-AWBL out and G-AVOE on return. It took 40 minutes!. Fabulous aircraft.

JENNYJET

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Subscriber
Dec 15, 2015
ASTWOOD BANK, WORCESTERSHIRE.
On a FlightSim I have VC10 as an add on. Super to fly, lots of clock type dials and no computer screens and sounds great! In real life,Nothing will beat Concorde on take off roll, truely unforgettable experience. It's the afterburner effect!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.