• Admin
alcohol-alcoholic-beverage-bar-602750.jpg
Primarily a Friday and Saturday night thread for people to discuss their favourite tipples. Their latest Gin or Whisky collection or maybe the local ale.

Thoroughly enjoying it...

full

Mrs F bought me a couple of bottles of Cornish Rattler for the BBQ, she knows that I drink white wine like lemonade when barbecuing so it's probably a good thing. It was very nice but not the same as drinking it whilst overlooking the Cornish shores.

Just opened a bottle of Mcguigan Chardonnay (y)

Enjoy it Ray, a nice wine... I'm enjoying a local red down here on the Algarve coast but i will finish with a good coffee and an 'aguardente' a caseiro (home-produced) medronho, a strong spirit made from the fruit of the Medronho tree. Like grappa it is a good aid to digestion. Well, that's my view and i'm sticking to it...

Enjoy it Ray, a nice wine... I'm enjoying a local red down here on the Algarve coast but i will finish with a good coffee and an 'aguardente' a caseiro (home-produced) medronho, a strong spirit made from the fruit of the Medronho tree. Like grappa it is a good aid to digestion. Well, that's my view and i'm sticking to it...

à sua saúde Sir

A nice drop of Chilean Pinot Noir tonight
Mrs Yokel and I have just returned from supper with our son and his partner who live locally. We also sampled the Chilean grape, in our case a couple of bottles of Sauvignon Blanc. It was very refreshing as a complement to fajitas.

I enjoy red and white wine (rose I tend to scoff like lemonade) but if pushed I go for white. I'm not one who believes that certain wines should be drunk with specific foods. I particularly like Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio and Riesling.

I enjoy red and white wine (rose I tend to scoff like lemonade) but if pushed I go for white. I'm not one who believes that certain wines should be drunk with specific foods. I particularly like Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio and Riesling.

If you haven’t already tried it then I highly recommend New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc - Oyster Bay was always a favourite until we discovered Freemans Bay at Aldi which is not only cheaper, but nicer!

Stopped at the local shop on the way home hoping to buy a few tins of Guinness only to find that they didn't have any :rage:

I think they are now on final warning :unsure:

Hi there Ray,i'm bringing out my trump card tonight.... Flew down to Rio on Tuesday via Amsterdam (and it all started in Brum on the 0615 to Ams) and tonight i am sat in a bar in Lapa the lively music and samba district of the city sipping my second caipirinha...

To fellow posters, if you have not visited Rio you have missed out. I have been coming here each year for the last 10 years. Fantastic food, drink and music.

And the beer? it suits their climate and comes in 600 or 1000cl bottles each bought to the table in a 'camisina' a plastic sleeve to keep it cool.

Have fun boys, i am...

Does Mrs Aviador like whisky or are you in the agreeable position of being able to keep it for yourself? Mrs Yokel isn't at all keen on spirits (fortunately).

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock