More good news for DSA from TUI, by the sound of it another routes to come before the month ends unless it is Flybe who have something new to come .

More good news for DSA from TUI, by the sound of it another routes to come before the month ends unless it is Flybe who have something new to come .

New route to be announced is most likely coming from Flybe to fill in the gaps to replace the axed 2x weekly Berlin service. Possibly either Rome or Reus which has been mentioned elsewhere.

New route to be announced is most likely coming from Flybe to fill in the gaps to replace the axed 2x weekly Berlin service. Possibly either Rome or Reus which has been mentioned elsewhere.

Certainly the odd gap in the Flybe network at DSA especially in winter but also a couple of routes TUI still could fly to Fuerteventura and Malta really could do with being on the route map .

Summer 2019

New routes to Orlando Sanford, Bodrum, Hurghada, Kos and Pula.

Additional frequencies to Alicante, Antalya, Rhodes and Zakynthos.

The base will increase to three aircraft plus a 787 service to Sanford.

TUI UK launches ambitious Summer 2019 programme from Doncaster Sheffield Airport
March 26, 2018
043-sf-dsa-florida.jpg

• Yorkshire's only direct long haul holiday destination with new route to Florida with TUI
  • Plus four more new unique routes – Pula (Croatia), Hurghada (Egypt), Kos (Greece) and Bodrum (Turkey)
  • Additional aircraft based at Doncaster Sheffield Airport
  • Increase of 110,000 seats
  • More destinations for 10 and 11 night holidays – Zante, Antalya and Rhodes

TUI UK’s first programme launch after last year’s re-brand reveals ambitious growth plans with an additional aircraft positioned out of Doncaster Sheffield Airport, long haul added to the programme and five new routes for summer 2019.

Recognising that not everyone wants to holiday for 7 or 14 nights, customers can find more 10 and 11 night stays thanks to an additional aircraft based in Doncaster Sheffield. Customers flying from Doncaster Sheffield Airport will see an increase of 110,000 seats offering holidaymakers more choice and flexibility than ever before.

With a dynamic regional aviation plan focussed on mid and short haul destinations, new holiday opportunities will be opened up for passengers flying from Doncaster Sheffield Airport with flights and holidays to five new destinations going on sale. Doncaster Sheffield Airport will see a 15% share of TUI’s overall passenger growth for summer 2019.

Next summer TUI will be the only airline flying long haul from Doncaster Sheffield Airport. Customers wanting to fly from their local airport will now be able to book summer holidays to Sanford, Florida flying on the Boeing 787 Dreamliner.

The soaring popularity of Croatia, the enduring appeal and consistent value of Greece and the resurgence of Turkey and Egypt are reflected in the programme. Flights and holidays to Pula (Croatia), Hurghada (Egypt), Kos (Greece) and Bodrum (Turkey) have all been added to the programme from Doncaster Sheffield Airport and are unique to TUI for next summer.

Additional flights to popular destinations have been added to the programme for next summer, there will be more flights to Alicante in Spain and 10 and 11 night holiday options to Zante, Antalya and Rhodes for customers flying from Doncaster Sheffield Airport.

TUI UK’s Commercial Director Richard Sofer said: “Summer 2019 is the most ambitious programme we have ever introduced. We are focusing firmly on expanding access to our amazing range of holidays through an extended regional flying programming concentrated on the core destinations holidaymakers want to travel to, while offering the flexibility of holiday duration they want.

“We’ve increased our capacity by basing an additional aircraft in Doncaster Sheffield, adding 110,000 additional seats and introducing five new routes from Doncaster Sheffield Airport for summer 2019. We are also giving customers even more opportunity when booking their summer holidays with the new addition of long haul flying and more 10 and 11 night holiday options.”

Chris Harcombe, Aviation Development Director said “TUI is more than an airline to DSA, it is our founding partner. Adding long haul and further new routes is the next logical step to reward their many loyal customers with even more choice from DSA.

Coming off the back of our Vision and Masterplan launches showing the true scale of what DSA can achieve, this news is a clear forward step and backing of what we want to achieve. We look forward to these routes starting in summer 19”

Thousands of free kids’ places will be available across all TUI and First Choice holidays and deposits will be just £50pp short and mid haul and £125pp long haul. Summer 2019 holidays will be on sale from Friday 5th April.

Welcome back to SFB (was there ever a SFB?! I seem to recall there was on the 767-300).

Now the question is will the 787 position into DSA operate DSA-SFB-DSA or will it W pattern thus giving less days in SFB. I suspect the former over the latter. It will be interesting to see times.

Also come across this on Travel Weekly....

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/artic...ramme-not-prompted-by-success-of-jet2holidays

I say no more.

Welcome back to SFB (was there ever a SFB?! I seem to recall there was on the 767-300).

Now the question is will the 787 position into DSA operate DSA-SFB-DSA or will it W pattern thus giving less days in SFB. I suspect the former over the latter. It will be interesting to see times.

Also come across this on Travel Weekly....

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/artic...ramme-not-prompted-by-success-of-jet2holidays

I say no more.

The next couple of years will be interesting especially if Jet2 decide to launch their own long haul programme from LBA.

SFB and CUN previously operated, possibly POP as well. The aircraft was shared with CWL, split 4 days CWL, 3 days DSA. It would be difficult to do a W pattern without disrupting 7 day planned holidays from wherever the aircraft it based. As it's long haul it also cuts several hours off holidays. BRS is currently showing a 5 day week schedule so potential for it to be used in DSA on the spare day.

Does anyone know how many aircraft TUI will have based at DSA this summer and which airframes they will be?
2 737 800s for 2018. I believe different aircraft are rotated through the base throughout the summer.

Thanks Jerry. I just wondered what was happening as their HER flight has been put back by 2.5 hours so instead of arriving in Crete at silly o'clock it is now landing at stupid o'clock. The Heraklion flight on 1 May is showing on FR24 as being a B73H as opposed to a B738. As far as I am aware a 73H is just a 738 with winglets. Does this give you any clues as to which reg it might be and where it might be coming to DSA from? We don't fly out until 29 May.

Thanks Jerry. I just wondered what was happening as their HER flight has been put back by 2.5 hours so instead of arriving in Crete at silly o'clock it is now landing at stupid o'clock. The Heraklion flight on 1 May is showing on FR24 as being a B73H as opposed to a B738. As far as I am aware a 73H is just a 738 with winglets. Does this give you any clues as to which reg it might be and where it might be coming to DSA from? We don't fly out until 29 May.
As far as i know all TUI aircraft have winglets so i don't know if it can narrow down the reg for you and i don't know if there is any other way to find out. Sorry i couldn't help with that.

No problem. I'll wait and be surprised. Thanks all the same.

NB CWL has a TUI flight BY6143 coming in from TFS tomorrow at 19:55 which FR24 lists as a 73H if this is of interest to you.

Just an update on the TUI inability to organise a drinking event in a brewery or their willful disregard for their customers. Choose whichever suits you best.

When booking and paying on 20 March for a holiday to Crete flying Donny to Heraklion the flight times were DSA to HER at 15:10 with the return landing at DSA scheduled for 00:40. Not brilliant but acceptable.

On 17 April we were informed that the times were DSA to HER at 17:50 with the return landing at DSA at 03:20.

Fast forward by just over a month to 25 May (4 days before the flight) an e-mail revised those times to DSA to HER at 18:30 with the return landing at DSA at 05:00. This latest revision sees the aircraft sat on the tarmac at Heraklion for a whole 2 hours before setting off back home with a return scheduled landing time 4hrs 20 minutes later than originally planned. I will be interested to see how they organize their transfers and the timings but imagine about a 5 hour wait at the airport on the return leg is on the cards.

Needless to say there is nothing that the customer can do about it, except complain to a deaf ear at Thomson (TUI), other than vow never to use them again. I vow now. The people I really feel sorry for are those with kids or those scheduled to be at work the next day. The original timings would have worked but these new (final?) ones are beyond a joke.

Mini rant over but for anyone contemplating Thomson (TUI) beware.

It could be that the airport could not handle pax before 5am, with the flight being put back, the day shift will handle it.

They have managed with 2 or 3 flights from Heraklion at 3am'ish for the past few weeks Seasider so I don't buy that idea I'm afraid. The whole scheduling ***Please Read Forum Terms of Service*** up with TUI doesn't make sense I'll agree and I'll be very interested to see what the actual times turn out to be. Whatever, it is a extremely poor show on their behalf.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock