Interestingly there were two charters today to AMS.
- Loganair E145 (G-SAJC) positioned in from EDI this morning and departed out to AMS at 09:00
- Jota Aviation RJ1H (G-JOTS) positioned in from SEN this afternoon and departed to AMS at 17:00

Good luck to
@LFC
who flew out to Amsterdam this afternoon ahead of their
@ChampionsLeague

Just seen this on Twitter ! Looks like the Jota 146.

Last edited:
LM 827 BOH - LPL due 14.55 today
Probably the team bus for AFC Bournemouth re their Championship football match at Preston North End tomorrow afternoon.

Derry is a new route, replacing Ryanair and starting on May 24th.

Thats good news, should do well. LPL--LDY is a popular connection. Maybe we might see a bit more from Loganair in the future from Liverpool

An article from LBN regarding Loganairs new route.

Loganair rescues Liverpool route axed by Ryanair​

Last updated Mar 7, 2021

Irish carrier Ryanair axed the route from Liverpool to Northern Ireland in December last year in a row with the UK’s Civil Aviation Authority – now Loganair is taking it over. Tony McDonough reports
Loganair
Loganair will take over the Liverpool to Derry service

Scottish airline Loganair is stepping in to take over a route between Liverpool John Lennon Airport and Derry in Northern Ireland that was axed by Ryanair.
In late December last year, Ryanair announced the closure of 12 domestic and international routes in a row with the UK’s Civil Aviation Authority. They included a twice-weekly return service between Liverpool and the City of Derry Airport.
Now Glasgow-based Loganair is stepping in to safeguard the route. It will offer flights to Derry on Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from May 24. One-way fares will go on sale from Tuesday, March 9, and frequency will increase to daily from late June.
This is the second time the carrier has taken over a route out of Liverpool from another airline. In March 2020 it took over the twice-daily service between Liverpool and the Isle of Man following the collapse of previous operator Flybe.
Loganair’s team of pilots, cabin crew and engineers already based at Derry Airport will operate the Liverpool route. The airline was the first operator at the airport when it opened for business in April 1980.
Chief executive Jonathan Hinkles said: “Frequent air links are essential for so many aspects of working and family life, even as we work to re-build and recover from the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Loganair already serves both City of Derry and Liverpool airports, and when the opportunity arose for us to connect these two important destinations in our network following another airline’s withdrawal, we were only too pleased to step in to safeguard these connections.”
Paul Winfield, director of aviation development at Liverpool John Lennon Airport, added: “This route is an important link between our two cities and their regions beyond, having already proved popular by travellers flying in both directions.
“As we plan ahead for a return to normality after the difficulties of the past year, domestic air travel is likely to recover sooner and this route will help travellers to once again be able to enjoy all that’s on offer from our two great regions.”

The Londonderry route will increase from 7x to 9x weekly between 23rd July and 29th August 2021. The additional flights are on Fridays and Sundays.

info from SeanM1997 on Twitter.

Delighted that
@FlyLoganair
to increase services from Liverpool in school holidays. Derry in Northern Ireland increases to 9 flights/week with double daily on Fri and Sun + their Isle of Man service increases to 3 times daily on selected days from end of July and throughout Aug.
9:50 AM · Jun 9, 2021·Twitter Web App

Twitter Feed from @LPL_airport

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock