Really disappointing and from the comments I've seen the Welsh government seem to be blamed for it.
Let's hope that in April 2022 things are normal enough for them to start.
Who is blaming the Welsh government?

I think they blame the UK government which in turn is welsh government as they are devolved.

To be expected and if I'm totally honest I don't think they'll launch CWL. I really don't see it.

Who is blaming the Welsh government?
People online. I've seen comments that people basically think that the WG are deliberately holding Cardiff back. I don't think people can understand why say they are carrying on from other UK bases and not Cardiff.

People online. I've seen comments that people basically think that the WG are deliberately holding Cardiff back. I don't think people can understand why say they are carrying on from other UK bases and not Cardiff.
Ah, thank you. I thought that you meant that Wizz Air was blaming the WG. They mentioned changing quarantine measures as a reason in a UK context but not the WG specifically, as far as I'm aware.

Really disappointing and from the comments I've seen the Welsh government seem to be blamed for it.
Let's hope that in April 2022 things are normal enough for them to start.

don’t the welsh government control their own quarantine measures?

Sad and frustrating but can’t be helped I guess. The summer holidays is here and they’re not able to run a full schedule. Better to come back next year than run it at a loss.

E25E81B2-7EE6-471D-9F55-77B0B85C7DF5.jpeg
Anyone heard anything regarding Wizz for next year. In the Wizz air magazine they have Dalaman and Bourgas as destinations. They weren’t previously announced when Wizz released the routes for this year.

View attachment 24187
Anyone heard anything regarding Wizz for next year. In the Wizz air magazine they have Dalaman and Bourgas as destinations. They weren’t previously announced when Wizz released the routes for this year.
Well Bourgas and Dalaman should be logical next steps for Wizz. Bourgas especially could be served by a non based aircraft. Guess its one to keep an eye on!

I have booked my first ever flights with WizzAir UK from Cardiff next September!

I managed to get them for just over £80 return per person, this included all taxes and 20kg check in bag.

There are definitely some bargains to be found across their network for next year!

This is my second flight from CWL booked next year, my first being with Vueling in February to Alicante.

Lanzarote is not shown in the magazine screen shot in the article above, but it is advertised on Cardiff twitter page, I can only assume the magazine shown is out of date, still it's good news Lanzarote at twice a week, and first LCC flights to that destination.

Lanzarote is not shown in the magazine screen shot in the article above, but it is advertised on Cardiff twitter page, I can only assume the magazine shown is out of date, still it's good news Lanzarote at twice a week, and first LCC flights to that destination.
It's only 2 weekly until June then I think Corfu takes over. Lanzarote was supposed to be operating during the winter which got cancelled.

Mr Fenner is booked on a Lanzarote flight in September. I looked at flights to Tenerife in April/May, and some are as low as £26.99 one way.

Mr Fenner is booked on a Lanzarote flight in September. I looked at flights to Tenerife in April/May, and some are as low as £26.99 one way.
Lanzarote ends on 10th June and then resumes 26th September and it looks like Heraklion operates during the period Lanzarote is suspended for.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock