Wizz Air

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Wizz seems to be announcing expansion for next summer regularly at the moment. The latest announcement today is for a huge increase in seats at Doncaster-Sheffield Airport.

Might be a good idea to keep eyes and ears open for any news of an expanded programme at CWL in summer 2022. It's got to be on the cards.

Tinkerman

Jun 25, 2011
If it isn’t on the cards, I for one will be very surprised.

It’s that time of year now …

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Wizz seem to be gambling on next summer seeing a real rebound in the industry.

Tinkerman

Jun 25, 2011
I’m with them to be honest, I get the feeling (hopefully) that next Summer will be far more “Normal”.

I was curious and had quick browse through the booking system, and judging by the fares available for the vast majority of the routes from May onwards, they seem to be doing rather well (Perhaps not the best indication, but it’s something!)

I remember the launch release pretty much stating they’d be looking to add further aircraft pretty quickly.

geoff

Aug 3, 2018
Port Talbot
I think we might see extra services from away based planes if CWL is not successful in getting a second based aircraft.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
A second based aircraft would be fantastic but would it be too soon i wonder? Though if they want to add destinations like Turkey then they'd need a based aircraft but also would they need to add city destinations as well to make it all work? Could they just have 2 based aircraft for holiday and leisure destinations only?

geoff

Aug 3, 2018
Port Talbot
I think it maybe too soon for a second aircraft, I expect them to wait for a while, whilst they study what their bookings are like for next summer, but city destinations must be in their plans for the future.

MrFenner

Jul 15, 2021
UK
Info on the other forum from Lets fly Cwl, that Wizz have reinstated SSH on their destination list, lets hope there is more to come.
Looks like this is correct…

The Wizz app is currently showing CWL - SSH from 1 Nov 2022 - 25 Mar 2023 (2 x weekly on Tue & Sat), however all are currently “sold out”

No other winter 22/23 flights loaded.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Hopefully good news then that we'll see Sharm el Sheikh as a future destination!

Jarvo

Jun 4, 2019
Swansea
Lanzarotte reloaded as a 'new' destination on wizz, starting on 28/3/22-10/6/22 then resuming at the end of September. Priced in the 70s at the date I looked at in April so surely an okay level of forward bookings?

Tinkerman

Jun 25, 2011
Things are definitely starting to move now with Wizz … Almost daily updates to the booking system.

CWL needs to be hopeful for more.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Lanzarotte reloaded as a 'new' destination on wizz, starting on 28/3/22-10/6/22 then resuming at the end of September. Priced in the 70s at the date I looked at in April so surely an okay level of forward bookings?
I think either Corfu or Heraklion operates in the that gap.

Jarvo

Jun 4, 2019
Swansea
I think either Corfu or Heraklion operates in the that gap.
It was a very short gap for a winter flight which is strange , so a peak summer would make sense, especially when lanzarotte is a 3 weekly so plenty of time to be made use of

Tinkerman

Jun 25, 2011
With those sector/crew hours, it would be very difficult to get it to work via other means. My apologies, i thought the outbounds were 6:10AM but that’s not the case.

Liam

Jan 25, 2017
Wales
Seat maps for SSH does show an A320 aircraft! So does ACE for this summer too although every other route shows an A321!

Tinkerman

Jun 25, 2011
It’s all still very odd at the moment. I wish it was a bit more straight-forward to work out …

As i stated previously, it’s definitely one situation to a keep a stern eye on for any CWL supporter/enthusiast.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.