Seat maps for SSH does show an A320 aircraft! So does ACE for this summer too although every other route shows an A321!
It's possible that for the Summer the base will be an A321 but for the winter it will be an A320.

I've posted in the Wizz Air thread in the Airline Forum a link to an interview with the airline's UK managing director where she is optimistic about growth in the UK regions.

The post can be accessed at this link.

In view of the massive order placed by WIZZ Air owners, including A321 XLR planes, do any members think that at a future date, we might see low cost long haul flights by WIZZ out of CWL? possibly to Abu Dhabi, or the USA, or Canada.

In view of the massive order placed by WIZZ Air owners, including A321 XLR planes, do any members think that at a future date, we might see low cost long haul flights by WIZZ out of CWL? possibly to Abu Dhabi, or the USA, or Canada.
I doubt it very much, i'm sure they've said they don't want to do transatlantic flights.

I think they also said before, that they had no intention of flying the A321XLR, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I think they also said before, that they had no intention of flying the A321XLR, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
If they are going to use the XLR then it could be from Abu Dhabi possibly on routes to India and Pakistan and Europe maybe.

Abu Dhabi and Doha (with Qatar) - that would be interesting.

Would South Wales be able to satisfy two ME carriers (inbound and outbound travellers) or would there have to be very significant assistance from outside Wales, primarily the West of England?

If Wizz did fly to the ME they would presumably need to find a partner for onward connections.

I've long given up trying to project what airlines might do although the Wizz ME suggestion is certainly something to think about.

All flights in April and May are “Sold Out” on the app and website.

One can only therefore think that the base opening has been pushed back yet again to June …

All flights in April and May are “Sold Out” on the app and website.

One can only therefore think that the base opening has been pushed back yet again to June …
Cardiff Airport just can't catch a break.

It doesn’t appear to just be CWL for Wizz though. Some routes from DSA (amongst others) have been pushed back too.

I thought this pandemic at the beginning could yield “Operation Reset” for the aviation industry, if anything it’s just further fuelled the medium/larger airports, making it more and more difficult for smaller airports to operate thinner routes. Given the circumstances, I can only see this period of uncertainty further affecting forward bookings, and CWL’s (mis)fortunes.

CWL has had a torrid time of late the management must be at their wits end, and with the Welsh Government about to announce their budget, with a very large amount allegedly to be spent on climate change the future for CWL doesn't look very bright at the moment.

It doesn’t appear to just be CWL for Wizz though. Some routes from DSA (amongst others) have been pushed back too.

I thought this pandemic at the beginning could yield “Operation Reset” for the aviation industry, if anything it’s just further fuelled the medium/larger airports, making it more and more difficult for smaller airports to operate thinner routes. Given the circumstances, I can only see this period of uncertainty further affecting forward bookings, and CWL’s (mis)fortunes.
They’ve made quite a few cuts from many UK airports they operate from. 4 from Luton and 3 from BHX is quite a few! I’m guessing CWL must be in that mix also.

Seems like there could be quite some changes afoot…the only routes I can find in the Wizz booking engine are HER, ACE, TFS and SSH.

I for one have a holiday booked to Lanzarote next September and have already had a schedule change email, albeit departing an hour earlier than it was previous.

Yet another case of “watch this space”

Fingers crossed it is just the flights being retimed, CWL can't afford to not have Wizz start in April. I know it's only 1 aircraft but having a new airline like Wizz start is positivity that CWL needs.

The timings were all over the shop from the start as a few pointed out here … So as you say, hopefully just that !

Seems all the routes / flights are back in the Wizz booking system…

Panic over.
Has the programme been altered in any way? Routes added, routes deleted, days and/or timings of flights changed?

If not I wonder why they effectively temporarily ceased taking bookings for April and May flights (based on the 'sold out' method) but not for the rest of the summer.

If there have been alterations I presume they are for the entire summer so again why only include April and May as 'sold out' if they were resetting their system?

The answer might be simply that there was some sort of glitch in their system.

I remember a few months ago a lot of Ryanair fights disappeared from booking engines for a day or so at a number of airports and there was speculation of a mass cull of routes, but that turned out to be a glitch.

Nevertheless, as Jerry says, it's good news for the airport and its customers.

Looks like the base will open on the 8th April. My Lanzarote flight in March has been cancelled. Doesn't look like the times were changed in anyway that I can see.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock