Wizz seems to be announcing expansion for next summer regularly at the moment. The latest announcement today is for a huge increase in seats at Doncaster-Sheffield Airport.

Might be a good idea to keep eyes and ears open for any news of an expanded programme at CWL in summer 2022. It's got to be on the cards.

If it isn’t on the cards, I for one will be very surprised.

It’s that time of year now …

Wizz seem to be gambling on next summer seeing a real rebound in the industry.

I’m with them to be honest, I get the feeling (hopefully) that next Summer will be far more “Normal”.

I was curious and had quick browse through the booking system, and judging by the fares available for the vast majority of the routes from May onwards, they seem to be doing rather well (Perhaps not the best indication, but it’s something!)

I remember the launch release pretty much stating they’d be looking to add further aircraft pretty quickly.

I think we might see extra services from away based planes if CWL is not successful in getting a second based aircraft.

A second based aircraft would be fantastic but would it be too soon i wonder? Though if they want to add destinations like Turkey then they'd need a based aircraft but also would they need to add city destinations as well to make it all work? Could they just have 2 based aircraft for holiday and leisure destinations only?

I think it maybe too soon for a second aircraft, I expect them to wait for a while, whilst they study what their bookings are like for next summer, but city destinations must be in their plans for the future.

Info on the other forum from Lets fly Cwl, that Wizz have reinstated SSH on their destination list, lets hope there is more to come.
Looks like this is correct…

The Wizz app is currently showing CWL - SSH from 1 Nov 2022 - 25 Mar 2023 (2 x weekly on Tue & Sat), however all are currently “sold out”

No other winter 22/23 flights loaded.

Hopefully good news then that we'll see Sharm el Sheikh as a future destination!

Lanzarotte reloaded as a 'new' destination on wizz, starting on 28/3/22-10/6/22 then resuming at the end of September. Priced in the 70s at the date I looked at in April so surely an okay level of forward bookings?

Things are definitely starting to move now with Wizz … Almost daily updates to the booking system.

CWL needs to be hopeful for more.

Lanzarotte reloaded as a 'new' destination on wizz, starting on 28/3/22-10/6/22 then resuming at the end of September. Priced in the 70s at the date I looked at in April so surely an okay level of forward bookings?
I think either Corfu or Heraklion operates in the that gap.

I think either Corfu or Heraklion operates in the that gap.
It was a very short gap for a winter flight which is strange , so a peak summer would make sense, especially when lanzarotte is a 3 weekly so plenty of time to be made use of

With those sector/crew hours, it would be very difficult to get it to work via other means. My apologies, i thought the outbounds were 6:10AM but that’s not the case.

Seat maps for SSH does show an A320 aircraft! So does ACE for this summer too although every other route shows an A321!

It’s all still very odd at the moment. I wish it was a bit more straight-forward to work out …

As i stated previously, it’s definitely one situation to a keep a stern eye on for any CWL supporter/enthusiast.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock