I'm not sure what the problem is, but it's showing as a red symbol on FR24, which is usually an emergency squwak (7700?). it appears to be heading SW at 5000ft (inbound MAN?).

Bird strike on departure. Declared PAN call and now diverting to Manchester to make an emergency landing.

Bird strike on departure. Declared PAN call and now diverting to Manchester to make an emergency landing.
There's been so much speculation on ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- from the arm chair pilots about shutting down an engine and why you'd do it and the implications, reasoning as to why you'd head to Manchester etc etc. I even saw a post that 'it didn't land at LBA as there's no engineers there' :ROFLMAO:

They never shut the engine down, they took a Red Kite through the bypass of the engine (not the core) and it damaged a couple fan blades. That caused vibrations which were within limits to keep the engine operating as normal. They headed to Manchester as it was overweight for LBA and reversers weren't used on the left side to avoid any further damage!

(Edit: I didn't link to FB. I simply just wrote the word Fa***ook. Why's that not allowed!!!?)

Jet2 Boeing 737-300, G-GDFM, operating flight "EXS67MJ* to Faro has turned round over mid Wales and returned to the LBA and is currently in the LBA overhead hold at 5,000ft
Safely on the ground now (which is the important part). The holding pattern at low altitude, was probably to burn off fuel to get below the maximum landing weight.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock