I agree with you entirely. The problem with this virus is it is an invisible threat like flu and unlike MMR, Chicken Pox and others which can be seen by everyone. It’s almost like out of site out of mind. What the hell happened to people’s education, community and civil responsibility. I knew there were irresponsible, ignorant and stupid people in this country but I am staggered at the sheer number of them.
Let’s be led by the Science not the pyjama clad, school gate scientists and the many morons on social media. We need to Grow up and take responsibility as adults.
I am seething at the mass exoduses around the country.
I am so mad I can’t spell anymore. Out is sight...sight out of mind. Sorry.

If the airport shut down (who needs an airport right now?), I wonder how many greenhouses and polytunnels they could set up? We need fresh food more than we do flights thanks to all these shortages. Quite a few tattie, carrot and cabbage patches would be useful right now.

If the airport shut down (who needs an airport right now?), I wonder how many greenhouses and polytunnels they could set up? We need fresh food more than we do flights thanks to all these shortages. Quite a few tattie, carrot and cabbage patches would be useful right now.
Not really Big Man. Tatties, Carrots & Cabbages are all grown in the UK. Don't tempt fate! the group that shall not be mentioned will be wanting to recruit you if they read this!

Ironically Theresa May suspended a Cabinet committee tasked with how to deal with a pandemic so the Government could concentrate on preparing for Brexit, whilst Boris Johnson scrapped it entirely as soon as he assumed the leadership, just 6 months before it actually hit. Opinion seems to be that if it had been allowed to continue we may have been better placed to respond more quickly than we did.

The point is that if the Committee had remained in place we may have had the foresight to deal more effectively with the pandemic.
Not strictly LBA related but neither have the last couple of pages of posts so Mods please forgive me and move all the relevant posts to a more suitable thread should it be necessary.

To provide a reply to Lens' post, or at least a partial reply: Would we have had the foresight to close the ferry port at Dover though? Ask yourselves the question associated with where did the initial spike occur? For those with a short memory, it was Kent, and then it spread like wildfire from there. Why Kent? Well Dover is in Kent and the place where the majority of continental Europeans, including lorry drivers, enter the UK.

And the upshot of it all is that we, at our expense, are having to test everyone who wants to travel to Calais before we can open the ferry port again. What happens to those who fail the test? It seems we will be left holding the baby on that one too. Who else is going to pick up the bill for whatever medical care they need. I could go on but won't.

All in all Thanks Macron for assisting our media to create this latest chaos story that will no doubt be blamed on Boris.

Wishing all members on this forum a very merry Christmas.

2020 certainly has been a very challenging year for us all, especially those who have been directly affected and continue to be affected by the virus. It’s times like this that we must all come together as one and try to enjoy what little happiness there is at the moment.

Hopefully 2021 brings much stability to us all, so that we may rebuild our lives our jobs and our countries economy that will no doubt be in somewhat disarray.

Stay safe

Merry Christmas.

LBA787

:wtf:

Hi all

2020 has certainly been the strangest year in my lifetime and and I know a complete nightmare for us all. Lets hope we are out of this covid-19 mess soon and we can get back to normal life.

For now let's all keep safe! I really do wish you all a very Merry Christmas and hope that 2021 will be so much better. .

Ross

Happy Christmas and a very happy and healthy new year to everyone. Let's hope 2021 is the year we overcome Covid, and start the recovery. Let's also hope it's the year we overcome the group that shall not be mentioned. The year LBA start a true transformation at our airport.

Has anyone else had notification that their travel insurance (.through their bank...in this case hsbc) has been amended to basically put loads of exclusions in place if you are staying in a country which could potentially be ( they call it pandemic) lockdowned or have travel restrictions put in place while away? I can understand that it must be really difficult for insurers/banks with all the claims but it takes away that added security of travel insurance for holidays.

I haven't. I moved to Staysure a few months ago.

Tbh fi that is what your insurance company is doing I agree it starts to make the policy pretty worthless. I would just move somewhere else if I were you.

Just maybe! So as we get close to ushering in a new year, let’s have some real positivity. A 2nd vaccine approved and some general positivity that things may be much better by Easter. OK I agree we have heard this sort of rhetoric before but I do firmly believe there is now light at the end of the tunnel, albeit a small chink just at the moment, and Easter maybe slightly optimistic, but the green shoots may just be a coming. Let’s hope so!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock