The numpties are entirely wrong, as they will find out. There are no passenger throughput restrictions at LBA other than those arising from terminal capacity.

The night movement limit need not impact passenger numbers if a) larger capacity aircraft are used more, such as Jet2's A321s, and b) growth is mainly achieved within normal daytime hours. The larger aircraft are a problem with the current terminal restrictions in baggage re-claim, but the extension will entirely resolve that.

Foreign carriers operating through the day and not based at LBA ( as with Wizz) can make a huge difference. Wizz alone have the capacity to add nearly half a million passengers per year through LBA. That could increase over time.

Remember too that the quota only applies to jet aircraft scheduled to land after 2300. Flights scheduled to arrive up to that time dont count if they are late provided they arrive by 0030. Some of the quoted flight times are far longer than they actually take, so there should be some scope to have flight arrivals scheduled 30 minutes earlier or departing after 0700 instead of (say) 0645. That could make a big difference. It only takes a few each day to bring the numbers down.

Expect too that aircraft ready to depart at something like 0650 will be held until 0700. It's a manageable situation that should become less of an issue over time.

It might not be an issue at all yet.
But a certain group will claim a victory if they are proved to be right in respect of the quota- which is annoying.

Agreed. They had better enjoy it as going forward they won't have much to cheer.

I’d love to know how many take a £9.99 jolly to beefa to rave 🤣🤣

I wonder if Ryanair will turn LBA into an all max base. If so that’s an extra 8 people, 24 first thing over god knows how many flights. I hope we get to see more Max’s.

Arrivals escalator.

This escalator has to be turned off to meet H&S requirements when passenger numbers are significant. This is because passengers alighting the escalator at the top are blocked off by passengers using to adjacent staircase. This leads to a pile up at the top and a risk to H&S.

It has been found that reducing the speed of the escalator and therefore reducing the speed at which passengers are trying to get off the escalator, will resolve the issue. The airport are therefore considering replacing the motor with one that operates at slower speed to reduce the impact on passenger flow at the top. This should allow the escalator to operate at all times.
Which only goes to show that simple, solutions are very often by far the best.

As reported by @White Heather after the last LBA Consultative Committee, Its looks like when Ryanair bring back the 3rd based aircraft from June 1st, it could be a 2nd based Boeing 737-MAX8-200 as its starting to show on some / not all of the flights it due to operate the airlines online booking system.

Last edited:
As reported by @White Heather after the last LBA Consultative Committee, Its looks like when Ryanair bring back the 3rd based aircraft from June 1st, it could be a 2nd based Boeing 737-MAX8-200 as its starting to show on some / not all of the flights it due to operate the airlines online booking system.
Let's hope it happens. I've no doubt it's the intention, but Boeing are having more problems with MAX deliveries, pausing them for the time being, and that could leave Ryanair short not only of MAX aircraft but sufficient aircraft in the fleet to operate their intended schedules. There could well be some sacrificial lambs and so lets hope that at least, we get our third based aircraft, even if it's an 800 pending delivery of the MAXs .

Well Ryanair are currently taking a new deliveries from Boeing Seattle every 4-5 days at the moment. In fact they took delivery of the 100th MAX this past week
There was an article in yesterday’s The Daily Telegraph indicating that Boeing had announced overnight on Thursday that it had discovered another problem of production quality with the MAX and Ryanair was waiting to see if this would impact the deliveries it was expecting this month, May and June.

Non standard manufacturing processes for the construction of the vertical tail stabiliser for the max8, nothing major then! Haha
They worry me do these max8, and soon the even longer variant soon to fly with over 220pax, old school fuselage, over sized engines on a low to ground fuselage, mcas to keep the things stabilised in flight and as we know sometimes fast and slippy on landing i bet there quite interesting to handle.
The only aircraft that should of become a max in the boeing fleet should of been an all new B757! It has the perfect ground clearance and size plus of course its a brilliant aircraft as it is so any improvements would make it epic. Ideal for thinner atlantic routes but also ideal for higher density shorter flights ie uk or europe to med.
Boeing need an all new replacement for the B737.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock