Eastern Airways

Advertisement

White Heather

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2009
Leeds
Spot on seaside. Probably more economical too so better chance of profitability which should help keep the route. LBA were aware of lack of domestic flights so just wonder if they have had any involvement in this, one way or another
Highly likely in my view. The absence of domestic routes was highlighted by the new CEO last month and he seemed keen to do something about it. Increased frequency on the ones we do have left is probably the logical first (and easiest ) step.

KARFA

Jun 3, 2014
Let's hope the CEO can convince BA next then.........
we had plenty of BA flights though, they simply were not used despite 5 years of running at 20 rotations a week. what do you expect BA to do? unless the current timetable starts getting in to 85%+ loads BA are not going to be interested in adding more flights.

at the end of the day if routes are started and the people in the region don't use them, the airlines will deploy their assets elsewhere.

Finger66

Platinum Member
Aug 21, 2015
South Leeds
But part of the reason they are not used is poor connections and certainly not the best for point to point. Take the point services need to be used but the better money is still to be made from the business travel market. Yes they are more cost conscious these days but lack of flexibility and choice also makes them less attractive so there has to be a balance. I am not suggesting for one minute that BA should be six a day but could be better than it is but equally won't rake up the old night stopper argument. Oh wait........I just did!

lbaspotter

Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
www.lbaspotters.net
As T3 are reintroducing their ABZ link as an extension of their CWL - NCL service I just wonder if there is any hope of us getting our ABZ link back. However if we did, whilst good, wouldn't be massive............
I've been thinking along the same line since they announced the reintroduction of the Cardiff-Newacstle-Aberdeen route.
Possibly start with 1x daily link using the Leeds based Jetstream 41 in between the early morning and early afternoon Southampton duties
Or even better would be them adding an extra couple of based aircraft whilst at the same time launching a batch of new business routes. eg Aberdeen, Bristol, London Southend, Exeter & possibly mainland Europe if they included a Saab 2000 or Embraer jet

Last edited:

Finger66

Platinum Member
Aug 21, 2015
South Leeds
I've been thinking along the same line since they announced the reintroduction of the Cardiff-Newacstle-Aberdeen route.
Possibly start with 1x daily link using the Leeds based Jetstream 41 in between the early morning and early afternoon Southampton duties
Or even better would be them adding an extra couple of based aircraft whilst at the same time launching a batch of new business routes. eg Aberdeen, Bristol, London Southend, Exeter & possibly mainland Europe if they included a Saab 2000 or Embraer jet
Linking ABZ into the SOU schedule was of course something they used to do. Once daily would be quite low risk, provide top up pax on the existing point to point stuff with through pax and allow even further rotation of the J41s in ABZ which is needed with the CWL NCL ABZ schedule as is. That's a no brainer to me. As for anything further, we may just have to wait and see, but I am detecting a bit of new found focus with T3 and if they have the BE/VS marketing behind them it makes sense to me to operate routes, even new ones, where the demand is clearly there but the competition isn't. The burning question is though do they have enough money themselves and enough of the right and reliable equipment to do launch more?

Top Bottom