With Eastern Airways Suspending the Leeds/Bradford – Southampton route they have revised the schedule for the LBA based BAe Jetstream 41 aircraft. In between its Leeds/Bradford – Newquay duties it will also operate the newly announced Newquay – Manchester service as a w-leg.

So from Sunday October 25th flights from Leeds/Bradford & Manchester to Newquay will operate 4x weekly on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sunday’s as following schedule.

Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays (Non op = Thu Dec 24th, Fri Dec 25th & Fri Jan 1st)
EZE682 = LBA 11:10 – NQY 12:35 / EZE671 = NQY 13:10 - MAN 14:30
EZE672 = MAN 15:20 – NQY 16:40 / EZE683 = NQY 17:15 – LBA 18:40
Sundays
EZE682
= LBA 12:10 – NQY 13:35 / EZE671 = NQY 14:10 – MAN 15:30
EZE672 = MAN 16:20 – NQY 17:40 /EZE683 = NQY 18:15 – LBA 19:40

You've got to hand it to Eastern, despite all their trials and tribulations they keep plugging away.

So Loganair are jumping on most of the Eastern routes that op from MME in Feb 2021. Where have we seen this before? This does seem a very strange move especially in these COVID times, unless they know something we don't? So Eastern, here is your opportunity to move operations slightly South and west to an airport with no competition and a bigger catchment area. Come on, you know it makes sense! And a great opportunity for LBA management to entice...............

Just read elsewhere that this might actually be Loganair totally replacing the Eastern Airways services at Teeside on anew 3 year deal.

Eastern Airways bosses might have being looking at the pax figures and seen the sums just don't add up. So have cut there losses and run away from the said contract with the local mayor.

I'm no expert in route development but is it not obvious easterns MME new routes would struggle To be successful? With the correct marketing, advertising, the mass West yorks population and correct genre of passenger LBA would be a success!

The thing we need to bear in mind is the local authority at MME appears to have bottomless pockets and the airport seems to be run as some sort of expensive hobby unlike ours which receives considerably less support and a fair bit of bashing! I agree though that T3 could get smart. I do think their 15kg bag allowance needs reviewing for LHR and SOU as connecting flights abs cruises sometimes demand more luggage!

Surely it must be as a replacement for Eastern A/W. When Loganair went "head to head" with Flybe on the MME-ABZ route they soon dropped out.

Sorry, it probably should be in the MME thread.

Trying to make amends, As everyone has said, Eastern could build up a good network from LBA if they use the right aicraft and run a reliable service.

I'm no expert in route development but is it not obvious easterns MME new routes would struggle To be successful? With the correct marketing, advertising, the mass West yorks population and correct genre of passenger LBA would be a success!
For the right airline targeting specific types of passenger in normal times it should work but in a pandemic and then add competition any airline would struggle.

Eastern Airways have put back the restart dates of their routes from Leeds/Bradford due to the on-going COVID-19 situation

Leeds/Bradford - Newquay
Xmas period flights operate on: Dec - Fri 18th Sun 20th Mon 21st Sun 27th Mon 28thThu 31st & Sun Jan 3rd only
Full 4x weekly (Mon, Thu Fri, Sun) Schedule service restarts Fri, Feb 12th 2021

Leeds/Bradford - Southampton
Full 10x weekly (2x daily Mon-Thu, 1x daily Fri & Sun) schedule recommences Monday January 11th 2021

Both services were due to operate up to 3x daily (Mon-Fri) & 2x daily (Sat-Sun)

Surely some airlines whom currently who have (protected) granfather rights to slots are not going to using all those alloacted next summer, eg British Airways, Virgin and even Flybe?
Slots going unused sould be handed other so they can be used by other airlines like Eastern Airways

Last edited:
This does not surprise me. LHR are only interested in the big boys. They are not bothered about tiddly little Saabs and ER175’s. It amazed me how FlyBe got in. The pandemic period has been a different story as there has been a lot of spare capacity and they have been happy to fill the place up with whatever they can. Next Summer is a different story. With hopes of viable vaccines by early spring, the expectation no doubt is that next summer will see operators getting back to higher levels of usage, so it will back to priority for the big stuff. Well that’s my take on it for what it’s worth. Tin hat on.

Well for starters they have no Saab 2000s left in the fleet and I'm sure they wouldn't be allowed to send in the BAe Jetstream 41's

Before the Corona Virus pamdemic started Eastern use to operate Aberdeen-Newcastle-London City route & Teeside-London City route both used either Saab 2000 or ATR72.

My guess is that the Teeside route would have continued to use the Embraer 175 as now, whilst the Leeds route would have being operated by one of the larger Embraer 195's they have acquired or a Embraer 145.

Is the Embraer 195 able to get into London City? If not there is plenty of room going at Gatwick now after the loss of British Airways, Norwegian & Virgin or failing that Southend which might not work due to lack of connections

The slightly bigger E195 isn't yet though.

Part of the R3 proposals at LHR was increasing the number of domestic destinations. With the best will in the world, who would operate 737s/A319s/A220s from the likes of Teesside, Exeter, Carlisle? The best aircraft would be the sub 80 seaters so if they turn their noses up (or rather ACL), then this renders "helping the whole of Britain" rhetoric invalid. I daresay LHR will be cursing what ACL have done

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock