Advertisement

TUi Airlines UK

Advertisement

Oct 17, 2012
Off topic slightly, but are scimtars standard for the 737 Max?
The MAX features yet another updated winglet design dubbed "Advanced Technology Winglet" developed by Boeing so not scimitar.

NG is available with AP Blended winglet (factory standard) or scimitar as an alternative.

757 is also now available with a scimitar upper fin.

lbaspotter

Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
www.lbaspotters.net
Moderator #843
Bad news. I really don't know what's going on with TUi for next Summer 2019 but it seems we only have 4x routes on sale now.

Palma = 2x weekly - Tue & Sat
Corfu = 2x weekly - Mon & Fri
Rhodes = 1x weekly - Sat
Verona = 1x weekly - Sat

Good news is that Palma, Rhodes and Corfu are still showing being operated by a Leeds based aircraft.

But it begs the the question as to what the hell is going on?
Have we really lost so many services that include weekly flights to Antalya, Ibiza, Mahon, Dubrovnik, Bourgas, Cyprus-Paphos plus a further 2x weekly Palma.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2012
The scale of the number of routes seemingly dropped is very diappointing news. If they're so sure they can make more money from DSA then good luck to them. Time will tell if they are correct. Probably too late for summer 2019, but perhaps Thomas Cook might be tempted to consider increasing their presence for summer 2020 with one less serious competitor to concern them at the airport?

lbaspotter

Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
www.lbaspotters.net
Moderator #849
I have booked a holiday to paphos next year in October with tui from leeds. I have spoken to them today and they have told me everything is ok and not to worry. the leeds to paphos flights are still happening
Interesting, Did they give you reason as to why they had being taken off sale?

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2018
Farsley
For TUI this was only a first release for Summer 2020. The next one is in April 2019 so it could go onsale then.
No TUI have dropped all routes but PMI, CFU and RHO for summer 19 and then at the end of 19 RHO will be dropped too and we still have no reason for this. I have a feeling it’s too do with the 3rd aircraft at DSA.

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Moderator #858
No TUI have dropped all routes but PMI, CFU and RHO for summer 19 and then at the end of 19 RHO will be dropped too and we still have no reason for this. I have a feeling it’s too do with the 3rd aircraft at DSA.
Wasn't someone told on here that those routes haven't been dropped for 2019?

Advertisement

Top Bottom