Advertisement

Infrastructure, Construction & Developments

In your opinion what new on-site development would best serve LBA?

• Runway extension

Votes: 30 42.3%
  • Full length parallel taxiway

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • New terminal

Votes: 28 39.4%

• Total voters

Tarn Spotter

Nov 5, 2012
One of my very large M62 sheds has just been purchased by a leading wedding and banquet group which has struggled to get large sized venues with a minimum of 500 car park spaces (this has 750).
I was amazed they wished to open in the middle of a large industrail estate, but they see this as the future, I have visited three of their other similar u.k. sites.
They have 800 plus backdrops for wedding scene photos including every major world site and once your inside the shed your transported to a totally different place and forget the drive to the door. The dinning room can be any style you wish, the walls move, ceiling, lights, backdrop and can be converted to a night club in 30 minutes. The acoustics are I am told by those in the know, second to none and far better then most commercial arena's
There making no changes to the outside, just graphics to be projected on to the exterior walls, no doubt LBA could do this.
It does not matter what the outside looks like, its the interior thats important

Advertisement

Nov 8, 2010
It certainly does matter what it looks like from the outside - it’s part of the scenery. We shouldn’t accept mediocre architecture, and more importantly neither should council planning departments.

Luckily, the exterior of the terminal extension isn’t hideous, from the pictures I’ve seen.

White Heather

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2009
Leeds
I had an email yesterday from Charles Johnson, LBA Head of Development, confirming that the fly through video of the new terminal building is now available to view on the LBA website. Also that he will, or is already, liaising with Forums4Airports with regard to the same version being made available on this site as requested by Aviador.

May 19, 2011
I had an email yesterday from Charles Johnson, LBA Head of Development, confirming that the fly through video of the new terminal building is now available to view on the LBA website. Also that he will, or is already, liaising with Forums4Airports with regard to the same version being made available on this site as requested by Aviador.
It's a shame that the production company didn't employ a 'proof reader'.........not very professional when you see the green channel marked 'nothing to DELCARE'!

Tarn Spotter

Nov 5, 2012
Not sure having the project welcomed by Gary Verity and David Laws a good PR move, especially with the formers activities may becoming a criminal investigation.
Tried to give feedback got the following message "You have Caught us Napping"

lbaspotter

Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
www.lbaspotters.net
Moderator #2,494
I see Leeds/Bradford Airport gained full planning permission approval from Leeds City Council on Monday, May 13th 2019 to knock down one of the existing warehouses and build its new petrol filling station, which will be situated just off Whitehouse Lane.

Is this the Cargo shed everyone has recently been talking about on this forum?

18/05583/FU | Demolition of existing warehouse unit and construction of a new filling station with six double sided pump islands , canopy, air and jet wash facilities, associated ancillary sales block, landscape, access and other associated works | Land At Leeds And Bradford Airport Whitehouse Lane Yeadon Leeds LS19 7UA

https://publicaccess.leeds.gov.uk/o...ils.do?keyVal=PEGU2LJBIXT00&activeTab=summary

BarnsleyHolidays

Aug 28, 2014
I see Leeds/Bradford Airport gained full planning permission approval from Leeds City Council on Monday, May 13th 2019 to knock down one of the existing warehouses and build its new petrol filling station, which will be situated just off Whitehouse Lane.

Is this the Cargo shed everyone has recently been talking about on this forum?
A quick look at the plans submitted to Leeds Council shows the planned facility adjacent to the south west corner of the roundabout, therefore any building demolition is likely to be from the inflight catering zone.

BH

Oct 10, 2018
Farsley
Has anyone heard or seen anything of the terminal extension? I would have thought by now the groundwork would have been laid. The airport seems to have been silent about it. I would love to see more updates on the forum and on the website as I believe supporters of the airport should have some insights to keep us supporting!

Oct 10, 2018
Farsley
I believe the project is on hold once the groundworks are complete. To resume in September. Design is to be reviewed now that David Laws has left.
I wonder if they want it to be even better? Maybe with the new CEO coming from AMP he may be able to get more finance for an even better extension due to his closer relationships with AMP executives. Because let's be real the fact the extension is happening is great but it's not at all fancy but, it is 100% needed so as long as it happens I think everyone will be happy.

Jan 12, 2010
with the luck LBA has the new man will probably not want to spend as much money as david laws on the extension, i just wish they would crack on and build the dam thing and not stop work until sept as reported above,i was at the cafe last sat
and 5 jet2 aircraft landed in a 30 min time frame,i shudder to think what it was like in baggage reclaim.
regards
sm

Advertisement

Top Bottom