I was under the impression that the current terminal will now remain and be converted to non passenger use. I may be wrong, White Heather may have more information on this.
The old terminal will remain in the short term until a new control tower is in place, but the intention remains that it is demolished eventually. I am pretty sure that is included in the planning application too.

Just logged into the airport planning application for its new terminal development and the seems to have been a lot of objections submitted today. I would strongly advise all members to add you own comments in support.

Its very easy to do just log onto the following website

I can't understand :unsure: why the environmentalists do not support this. Building a new "Eco-friendly" Terminal instead of extending a "Non Eco-friendly" one.

I can't understand :unsure: why the environmentalists do not support this. Building a new "Eco-friendly" Terminal instead of extending a "Non Eco-friendly" one.

Because A) that is the limit of their intelligence B) They are like sheep and follow where they are told to which brings us back to point A

A fairly balanced report on BBC look north this eve regarding the new terminal planned at LBA, the report also looked at the effects of the corona virus and air travel.
Unusually positive for the BBC. No complaints from me on that report. It concentrated on the airport and not on NIMBYs, Tree Huggers, or alleged Environmentalists.

Because they see the new terminal as the key to more flights, more noise, more pollution and all that stuff. They know that without it, LBA will never grow further, which is more in line with their overall intention. LBA to just die and go away altogether ideally.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock