Good news as I've just seen a tweet which shows that the Stand 7 Airbridge is now back in action. First aircraft to be attached was the inbound Ryanair from Murcia on Saturday. I understand they are now completing work on stand 8 air bridge which should also be back in action very soon.

It has always being said the new terminal extension development works would commence sometime in Spring.
My gut feeling is that they'll be conctractors on site beforehand doing the ground works.

If I remember correctly Green king have been granted planning permission by Leeds City Council to build the proposed hotel next to the Farmhouse in, but I hear the project maybe on hold.

Looking on the Leeds City Council planning portal the has being no recent update regards the 2x planning applications submitted for the proposed petrol filling stations.

Last edited:
Regarding the terminal extension, the steelworks for the building were due to be ordered by next month and I understood that ground works would then commence by March, with the actual building construction commencing later obviously. However, all of this was subject to the airport and (I believe) the West Yorkshire Combined Authority reaching agreement on the various Section 106 requirements that were included as part of the planning approval. Clearly the intention is to be completed before summer 2020, so that deadline is the most important factor. Effectively they have approximately 1 year to take the project from start to completion and certification.

Work has begun this week on changing the awkward turn (within the car park barrier) near the 1hr free car park into a roundabout. The roundabout can be seen in the site drawings for the new terminal extension. The construction firm "HACS" are doing the work, they built the Viking car park and terminal front car park.

Re phase 2 of the terminal works, am I correct in assuming the current check in hall B will be extended eastwards with current check in hall A no longer being used as a check in facility?

A new press release from LBA. It appears we can now buy a through ticket at a lower price when using Cross Country trains to Leeds, combined with the 757 bus up to the airport. A good move that will make things easier for any passengers travelling on the Cross Country route, taking in York and further North, Wakefield, Sheffield and further South.

Attachments

• crosscountry-and-yorks-tiger-lds-bfd-airport-release.pdf
    73.1 KB · Views: 21
It's running on brightcove which isn't currently supported here.

The walk-through gives you a really good idea of what we can expect once the terminal is competed. It is surprising what a relatively small amount of money can achieve. The additional space in the departure area will be very well received. I stand by my previous comments about the through route for arriving passengers though. It remains messy with too many narrow corridors and too many turns that will lead to unnecessary congestion. I will get to experience it in the peak of the summer 2020.

I agree to some extent @mode1 but it is the airport authority that is responsible for getting PRM passengers on and off aircraft. It might make it easier for them to manage PRM passengers through a centralised system. This enables better pooling of resources such as staff and ambulift equipment.

How cruel that the gate 8 destination was within our grasp! I think this will be a good addition of space - I agree it looks a bit sparse and basic but it is only a rendered view and could change. The girdered look isn’t that rare nowadays, it comes with the territory of quick build and you can either try and conceal which doesn’t end well, or celebrate what it is and keep it all on view - by keeping in sight it ends up feeling bigger and lighter, so the right decision IMO. A bit of good news, let’s hope that this is just the beginning of a brighter future at LBA :)

It is a legal requirement to have adequate access for disabled users and I have no doubt the airport will be meeting those obligations. I have no idea whether the airport is planning on a pooling of PRM from a single location as I suggested in my earlier post but it would make sense because of the additional cost of installing lifts at every stand. Perhaps @White Heather could possibly ask?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock