Not sure what kind of reaction I'll get but I've just posted details on how to support LBA on the Leeds Place (use to be called Leeds Face) ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- Groups page
Mixed I would imagine. I left that group, not because of the airport, but just the attitude of some on there. Trolls galore.

Good news: you don't loose what you have written if you get timed out. I was thus treated, but on going back in my original entry was still there, so I sent it. Therefore..............................
Support 375
Agin 192

Bhowani

And look at some of the objector's home locations ..... Brighton, London !! Amazing.

BH

"that additional traffic will disturb me, as the once weekly flight i seem to catch from my flight radar, at 37,000ft, disturbs my peace and quiet as it flies overhead, approximately disturbing my peace and quiet for around 4 seconds" :ROFLMAO:

Please tell me the council will reject objections from silly places like that? I mean if that doesn't scream extinction rebellion i don't know what will.

I still can't get my head round the objections that quote the expansion as a reason to object. LBA already have approval to expand to 10m so that argument should be discounted straight away.

I find some of the objections baffling! Is there any truth that extinction rebellion were protesting in leeds this afternoon over the lba expansion? I've asked all my friends/family to support so hopefully a few more should be added

I still can't get my head round the objections that quote the expansion as a reason to object. LBA already have approval to expand to 10m so that argument should be discounted straight away.

It's 7m, but your general point is correct. If they wished to, having started both projects, LBA could build both the terminal extensions approved which would possibly allow more than 7m. Now that would shut up the naysayers.

Following a post on one of the LBA ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- groups at lunchtime another 6 confirmed support letters logged and just seen a friend whilst walking and he and his partner are both doing one.

I find it funny that they were bleating about not having enough time to consider their responses. They already had the consultation period in February and now the have the same time as everyone else. Sorry, but I really hate these people who think they can dictate to us all. Odd that we don't see them protesting outside ports and shipyards about cruise ships and their carbon footprints, despite the fact that they are purely for leisure and generate far higher carbon emissions than aircraft. Aviation is seen as an easy target and I remain of the opinion that for the majority of objectors this is all about them, their properties, noise levels, and all the rest, and nothing at all to do with climate.

No doubt that we are paying for them in our taxes to protest. I wonder where they park their cars, or maybe where they hitch their horses.

No doubt that we are paying for them in our taxes to protest. I wonder where they park their cars, or maybe where they hitch their horses.
Also no doubt they communicated their demo via their iPads and Laptops that were manufactured in China and transported here via gas guzzling container ships.

I may be wrong but I'd suspect often for this type of development it would be more typical to see more objections and very few supporters... Driven mainly as said above by the silent majority who don't feel the need to support.

I think this overwhelmingly shows how badly the terminal upgrade is wanted by Leeds residents.

You are correct Leedslad. That is usually the situation although of course the Council also know that. When LBA got 24 ops in 1994 and we submitted over 17000 statements of support (compared to 4000 opposition) to say LCC were surprised would be an understatement. Even their IT system struggled and back then they had to write to every person to acknowledge via post.

With the media still peddling the "we are all doomed" rhetoric I would say the fights not over yet. I do hope employees working at the airport for the various companies will take time to pledge their support. Their job might depend on it.

Just checked again this afternoon:

Support 421
Objection 231
Highly unusual for an airport application. Let's just hope that this is maintained, and LCC have little regard to the objections recruited by ER from far and wide. I am still pestering folk I know to add their support and then do the same with their relatives and friends and so far just about everyone is keen to do so.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock