There seems to be an ongoing theme from objectors saying the new terminal proposal is airport expansion. This is an odd route to follow considering the airport already has permission to expand to 7m passengers per annum.

The surface area of the new terminal is actually slightly smaller than the current terminal building, so when the airport announced its proposal for a terminal replacement they made it clear the airport wasn't getting bigger, or bigger than the plans already passed.

The new building is to be built on land already occupied by aircraft parking apron, so no infringement into any surrounding greenbelt land. If LCC decline permission for the new eco friendly terminal, the airport can indeed press ahead with previous plans aiming for 7m passenger annually on the basis of previously passed proposals.

Unrelated to airports, but this document suggests the previously granted proposals allowing expansion to 7mppa are unrevokable.

Last edited:
Great post Aviador, maybe it might be worth another post on LCC website or getting a family member to highlight and reiterate these points!

Aviador and others have highlighted the position in relation to the existing planning approvals for terminal extensions and the lack of a cap on passenger numbers. The ‘Planning Report’ which is one of the supporting documents that accompanies the planning application stresses that this is a material consideration with significant weight in the planning balance when making a decision on the application. LCC will be well aware of this!

Most, although not all, objectors will not have read the proposals but will continually re iterate the `Airport Expansion` mantra they have been told to. This is the frightening bit that allows `rentamob` to have a say in projects they have no `living` interest in.

I have just been thinking (it hurts by the way) and arrived at the conclusion that the 'rentamob' paully refers to are brain dead. They seem incapable of thinking through their ideas and reaching the obvious conclusions of what their desires would ultimately end up meaning for themselves and everyone else.

Students, are supposed to be intelligent, but they are are similarly encumbered with the same mentality. I just wonder how far back into the Dark Ages they think we will have to go before someone realises that a mistake has been made and the most acute brainbox amongst them suggests that they utilize some fossil fuels in order to heat a kettle so they can have a cup of coffee while they consider further a way forward out of the mess they have got everyone into.

Fortunately I won't be around then so they will have to sort it out themselves. Rant over for the time being.

“Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth” is a tool available to propagandists.

:LOL: some interesting brain analysis going on in here today, all very true though (as I start to get a headache) Many members of the public are very much brain washed, much of the time by the media in fact and follow each other like sheep.
When the plans were first announced for the terminal the subject came up whilst I was with a group of d.instructors down low lane, surprise surprise straight away the subject of noise and traffic came up, I then straight away told them the true facts about aviation, the benefits etc the two were very narrow minded with no counter points to backup their claims. What im saying is people need to open their minds a little more and try also look at the positives as well, not just this tunnel minded negative approach.

If folk don't like aeroplanes (which is the root cause of many objectors attitudes) or they don't like them on their doorsteps because they chose to live near an airport, then they will manufacture any spurious reason they can to object and in their heads, justify that objection. Such people only take a selfish view and rarely if ever change their mind. It's a pointless exercise even trying.

There is an excellent report on LBA in the YEP today. Yes! The YEP. Staggering!
Its a good length and positive interview with Hywell Rees about the terminal and recovery from the current crisis. I can't find a way of copying on to here but no doubt somebody will have the know-how that I sadly lack.

It has done in the past, it can again, and in Leeds we have some councillors who are more interested in the votes of their band of chums than what is good for the city. If they say no to this I am leaving the city of my birth and going for a quiet life somewhere else. Maybe a convent!

Last edited:
I noted that the YEP and Mr Rees mentioned Edinburgh airport and he is right in saying that generally people in and around Edinburgh are quite proud of their airport, I cannot recall media reports being critical nor protests taking place. Visitors coming through the airport often comment on how nice the airport is and the fact that flights are available to so many different places. Years ago I used to hear people moaning the fact that they had to go down to Manchester for holiday flights, something of a pain, but now I hardly ever hear that. People want to fly from their local airport, it is easy to get to or be taken there by friends. Hopefully EVERYONE in Leeds and area will be proud of their super new airport-- its overdue.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock