Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Leeds Bradford Airport boss defends plans for terminal.

From a relatively quick read it seems to me that Mr Rees has covered all the bases there leaving all the objectors with nothing to object about. I can't see that the Council could see it any other way either.

From a relatively quick read it seems to me that Mr Rees has covered all the bases there leaving all the objectors with nothing to object about. I can't see that the Council could see it any other way either.
He clearly read the the group that shall not be mentioned rubbish that I sent him. It's good to see such a proactive CEO that is prepared to go out there to the public.

So the expected increase in aircraft movements is 16000 per annum. That might sound a lot, but, over an average of 364 days per year (excluding Christmas Day), it equates to 44 movements per day - or 22 extra landings and 22 extra departures. Less than one extra inbound and outbound aircraft per hour across a full 24 hour period.

OK, there will probably be more than that in summer, but equally there will be less over winter months. As there are very few movements during the night it also means more during daytime to compensate, but even so, these figures suggest we are looking at no more than 4 to 6 extra movements per hour which is hardly going to cause major issues, especially with such growth occurring gradually between 2023 and 2030 (assuming all goes to plan).

So the expected increase in aircraft movements is 16000 per annum. That might sound a lot, but, over an average of 364 days per year (excluding Christmas Day), it equates to 44 movements per day - or 22 extra landings and 22 extra departures. Less than one extra inbound and outbound aircraft per hour across a full 24 hour period.

OK, there will probably be more than that in summer, but equally there will be less over winter months. As there are very few movements during the night it also means more during daytime to compensate, but even so, these figures suggest we are looking at no more than 4 to 6 extra movements per hour which is hardly going to cause major issues, especially with such growth occurring gradually between 2023 and 2030 (assuming all goes to plan).
During a normal summers day at LBA we would see 1 aircraft movement id say every 15mins when you average it out (quiet times and busy times) so the expected increase in aircraft movements means we would see an aircraft movement every 5 to 10mins, this would keep us plane spotters occupied! :happy:

Maybe we should start a (reverse psychology) negative airport campaign for 10,000 new homes to be built on the airport site with associated roads. That will give moaning NIMBYs something to think about. I wonder how many would actually say er well actually the airport is alright?
Didn't they find a rich seam of coal when they were digging the footings for the Multiflight hanger? I'm sure some was removed and the airport made a nice little earner.
Maybe an opencast pit!!
That'd give the B******s something to winge about!

Boris today announcing his 5billion "build build build" plans, with private sector building programmes keen on his list, reminds me of something in the plans at LBA! :unsure: :happy:

The labour run LCC will spite the conservative government anyway they can, or at least I get the feeling they would.

Where all singing from the same hymn sheet here.

It’s basic understanding from all sides that infrastructure investment is exactly what is needed to drive the economy forward and possibly avert a monster recession.

HS2
Hospitals
Schools
Roads
Rail upgrades

Shame LBA’s link road was scrapped and also LHR R3...

short sighted!

I know there are many views on the HS2 but it really is a massive project that is desperately needed esp after the covid situation. Boris would also get abit more credit if he started the construction in Leeds and Manchester and not London. But yes fully agree with you lba787, a good link road and also the LBA park and ride would be the icing on the cake for LBA!

Boris would also get abit more credit if he started the construction in Leeds and Manchester and not London.

If it had been planned that way they yes possibly. Construction however has now started on Phase 1, so starting from Leeds/Manchester would mean pausing construction.

In this instance building the Northern stretch as phase 2 works better as it gives more time for HS2 and NPR/HS3/Northern Crossrail to be better integrated. When phase 1 hybrid bill was going through parliament, NPR/HS3 was only just being suggested.

If it had been planned that way they yes possibly. Construction however has now started on Phase 1, so starting from Leeds/Manchester would mean pausing construction.

In this instance building the Northern stretch as phase 2 works better as it gives more time for HS2 and NPR/HS3/Northern Crossrail to be better integrated. When phase 1 hybrid bill was going through parliament, NPR/HS3 was only just being suggested.
Ok thanks for the info, I no nothing about railways and trains haha

The council would be mad not to go for the LBA development....Birmingham has just announced 250 redundancies. It's an era of contraction not expansion.

Didn't they find a rich seam of coal when they were digging the footings for the Multiflight hanger? I'm sure some was removed and the airport made a nice little earner.
Maybe an opencast pit!!
That'd give the B******s something to winge about!
I’ll ask my brother, he was driving a Dozer on that job.

View attachment 16888 View attachment 16889

Government’s infrastructure plans a missed opportunity for Leeds/Bradford Airport’s new £150 million terminal development

Wednesday, July 1st 2020

View attachment 16890

The Prime Minister’s plans for what he describes as shovel-ready infrastructure sound dynamic enough. However, if he is serious about it then he must help get planning approval by Labour run Leeds City Council for Leeds Bradford Airport’s £150 million terminal development quickly.

This new terminal development will very quickly generate hundreds of highly skilled construction jobs across the Leeds City Region. It will help with getting more young people into apprenticeships; this will also be underpinned by the airport introducing more new job roles starting in the terminal once construction is finished in 2023.

As promised this new Terminal can be delivered with sustainability at its heart – setting new world-leading standards for an airport on air quality, noise and carbon reduction, at a time when pressure on the aviation industry is damaging the UK economy.

LBA support Group: “We welcome the PM’s announcement today by investing in public infrastructure, but if confidence and growth is to return to our economy and if the Government is serious about the Northern Powerhouse, then Leeds Bradford Airport’s new terminal must be also part of those plans, alongside new regulations on air quality and decarbonisation.

Ends

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock