Have hope everyone!!!

From the YEP:

Just a shame to see how the Yorkshire Post reported it on social media with a negative headline quote, which is a clear attempt to pour doubt on the article.

I posted this elsewhere but decided it would sit well here too.

Well the good news is that without permission for our lovely new carbon neutral terminal, the airport will by default keep it's current night time operating restrictions. This will mean the latest generation of new aircraft which aren't covered by the rules agreed back in the 90s will be able to fly unrestricted throughout the night to meet the regions growing aviation needs.

The airport as a responsible neighbour has incorporated a solution that works for the airport business but also gives the council a chance to impose night-time quotas for additional flights that will otherwise be able to operate unrestricted throughout the night.

The new terminal proposals do offer the best of both worlds for the surrounding community. A brand new green world class terminal with a sensible night time quota of flights.

Without a new terminal I can't see how the airport can increase the number of passengers without operating significantly more flights through the night which it legally can already do with the right aircraft types.

Maybe opinion is a changing. Not sure if this is just me but I am getting a sense there are many more positive vibes doing the rounds at the moment. Let's hope this influences in the correct channels and we get the outcome we want

Well we have got the first vaccine approved today. Would be nice if we get the same result with the new terminal. Then we can all look forward to a good next few years. Maybe the press might finally be getting the message that messing with people's jobs and livelyhoods for the sake of a few environmentalists is not a good thing in the current climate.

My support comment just posted;

'In response to Barry Wheatpeas ignorance, aviation is responsible for an increasingly small percentage of air pollution and adverse environmental impact as commercial aircraft become increasingly fuel efficient and quieter. Development of electrically powered commercial aircraft is well advanced. LBA has had to tolerate sub standard facilities for far too long. Yorkshire people deserve an airport they can be proud off. It is essential that this application is supported, especially in these desperately tough times. Expansion of LBA has already been approved last last year and thus rejecting this much more environmentally responsible project would be nonsensical".

Not LBA related but by no means irrelevant. Southampton have had their runway extension planning application denied by the council.

Not necessarily that important with regards to comparing the importance of the decision. Let's not forget it's not that long since the government overturned a council decision relating to Manston airport development.

Manston Airport granted development consent - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock