Where does the CFU head off to on its big Monday mission?
And do you know where the DLM comes from and goes back to? A 18:00 DLM departure isn't a nice departure - but Turkey's always been very late on.

Where does the CFU head off to on its big Monday mission?
And do you know where the DLM comes from and goes back to? A 18:00 DLM departure isn't a nice departure - but Turkey's always been very late on.
It looks like Antalya will now operate both flights on a based aircraft instead of 1 non based on Monday and 1 based on Thursday. Mondays Dalaman flight now looks to be a non based flight on a TUI aircraft with what looks like an Aberdeen based aircraft looking at the timings.
Corfu does a W pattern with Exeter Corfu route.

Nice to have a second TUI aircraft on the ground operating a W from Palma. When do the two extra based aircraft arrive?

This is more a question than a gripe at TUI.
- On Wednesday throughout much of the winter, the aircraft I presume is parked at Cardiff.Is there really that low demand not to offer a new destination? I know Wizz will operate Sharm. Could TUI operate Hurgh to compliment and offer two Egyptian routes.

any of the two Canary Islands that aren’t served either could be added.
The airport must be talking to Tui about this to make sure the winter base is fully utilised.

Since Easter, Tui have put on a few extra pmi’s while many other airports have ramped up far more. Wizz and vueling have started operating. So my question is why does Tui not react to the Easter boost in the way it does at other bases and put more flights on.
For example the only flight today for Tui TFS departs at 10.30 arr 19.55. Utilising the aircraft more fully you could add a Pmi, alc, agp at 0600 and the TFS at 1300 arr 23.30

This is more a question than a gripe at TUI.
- On Wednesday throughout much of the winter, the aircraft I presume is parked at Cardiff.Is there really that low demand not to offer a new destination? I know Wizz will operate Sharm. Could TUI operate Hurgh to compliment and offer two Egyptian routes.

any of the two Canary Islands that aren’t served either could be added.
The airport must be talking to Tui about this to make sure the winter base is fully utilised.

Since Easter, Tui have put on a few extra pmi’s while many other airports have ramped up far more. Wizz and vueling have started operating. So my question is why does Tui not react to the Easter boost in the way it does at other bases and put more flights on.
For example the only flight today for Tui TFS departs at 10.30 arr 19.55. Utilising the aircraft more fully you could add a Pmi, alc, agp at 0600 and the TFS at 1300 arr 23.30
This has been happening for years. It's usually because Paphos only operates in the start of Winter for a few weeks, takes a break then restarts towards the end of winter/early spring. If the demand was there TUI would use the aircraft. Sharm and Hurgada have been tried several times to restart since demand to Egypt plummeted but never seems to have driven enough demand to make it work. TUI wouldn't have an aircraft sat around doing nothing if they could be making money with it.
Based on that from TUI, it will mean Wizz will likely have a difficult winter only operating sun routes.

TUIs summer starts in May hence why still 1 aircraft in April, maybe one day the airport could persuade them to operate 2 based in April in the future but i suspect it's a big challenge as TUI seem to be very set in their ways or maybe cautious is a better word.
As for winter, i think they tried Paphos until the end of December one year but seem to have reverted it back to November and March and April, i don't see what else TUI would do beyond what they are doing now except maybe Chambery for the ski season and a one off Kittila for santa flights, they tried Fuerteventura before dropped that after a short season and although i'd love to see something like Sal at Cardiff i suspect that it's just too niche for it to be viable from Cardiff and as stated it seems like Egypt doesn't work for them in the winter from Cardiff. Will be interesting to see how it gets on with Wizz.

Where WIZZ will have an advantage over TUI in the winter, will be their low fares, which will be available for property owners, private renters, time share owners and on line travel companies, which CWL hasn't had in abundance in the past to the Winter sun destinations, especially to routes of four hours and more.

But again does CWL have the pull from it's catchment area to attract those fares? All that will happen is the pull from BRS catchment area if the fares are attractive enough.

The South Wales passengers that flock to Easyjet and Ryanair at BRS will now have a choice, and if the fares are cheap enough, they could well return to CWL.

They also have Jet2 offering a choice at BRS ... competition kind weighing it's self out at both airports. And from what we are seeing reported on travel weekly ATOL protected holidays are back on the rise once more....

The South Wales passengers that flock to Easyjet and Ryanair at BRS will now have a choice, and if the fares are cheap enough, they could well return to CWL.
That is the whole reason for Wizz being at CWL, to provide a genuine alternative to Easyjet and Ryanair at Bristol, more so Easyjet i'd say.

They also have Jet2 offering a choice at BRS ... competition kind weighing it's self out at both airports. And from what we are seeing reported on travel weekly ATOL protected holidays are back on the rise once more....
Only time will tell how Wizz especially will do next winter, but people now have the option of a genuine LCC at CWL during the winter which they have not had for a very long time and not everyone does package holidays and TUI as well just doesn't focus on package holidays it also in the winter focuses on cruises as well which do well from CWL. Wizz in the winter is unknown territory for CWL so we'll just have to wait and see.

not certain how accurate FR24 is , but for the start of the summer season, Sunday May 1st, the 3 TUI based aircraft are all showing as B737 Maxs!

Bristol was down as having 5 Max's, but this might have changed, so possibly they have swapped a few Max's from Bristol to Cardiff?

not certain how accurate FR24 is , but for the start of the summer season, Sunday May 1st, the 3 TUI based aircraft are all showing as B737 Maxs!

Bristol was down as having 5 Max's, but this might have changed, so possibly they have swapped a few Max's from Bristol to Cardiff?
That's interesting! Would be nice to see an all MAX base!

So according to Flightradar24 TUI 737 MAX8 G-TUMH will arrive from Gatwick at 23.55. With current based G-TUMD that should be at least 2 MAXs when the 3rd aircraft will arrive idk but it's rumoured to be a Sunwing. Fr24 does have 3 737 MAX 8s for the morning departures but 3 737s for the afternoon departures so will be curious to see what actually turns up!
Screenshot_20220430-155549_Flightradar24.jpg

A bit of variety from TUI already and summer has only been going 3 days! As well as a Sunwing 737 800 operating PMI yesterday evening, there was also a TUI Nordics 737 800 that came in from Stockholm that then operated Zante. Also this morning the 0600 Malaga was operated by a Robinson Club resorts livery 737 800.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock