TUi Airlines UK

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Looks like Palma de Mallorca and Ibiza will be resuming.
Looking at their website those 2 destinations will comprise 5 weekly flights between them 3 for PMI and 2 for IBZ for the next 2 weeks with other flights like Menorca possibly happening. Guess it depends on UK government making travel easier or not.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
TUI sent me a promotional email about Winter 2022/23 so i thought i'd see what they had in store for Cardiff.
Barbados will have 2 departures on the 27th November 2022 and 29th January 2023
Montego Bay will have 1 departure on the 11th January 2023
Paphos has a flight on the 2nd November 2022 but then will be 1 weekly on Wednesdays in March and April 2023
Lanzarote will be 2 weekly on Thursdays and Sundays
Malaga will be 1 weekly on Sundays
Alicante will be 2 weekly on Tuesdays and Saturdays
Gran Canaria 1 weekly on Saturdays
Tenerife will be 3 weekly Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays
Palma de Mallorca will start early in April 2023 1 weekly on Tuesdays except the 25th April though there is a return flight on the 25th and it looks like the aircraft will be non based.
In total TUI will operate 9 weekly departures in November to March then 10 in March and 11 in April.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Not sure if this has been noticed before but for 2022 Palma de Mallorca will start on 15th March. It'll be 1 weekly on Tuesdays on what looks like a non based aircraft. A reaction to Jet2 at BRS maybe?

geoff

Aug 3, 2018
Port Talbot
It's pity there are no new destinations in the programme, but it's nice to see Palma starting earlier, if things go to plan WIZZ will be able to provide extra capacity with new destinations.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Not sure if this has been noticed before but for 2022 Palma de Mallorca will start on 15th March. It'll be 1 weekly on Tuesdays on what looks like a non based aircraft. A reaction to Jet2 at BRS maybe?
Quite a number of TUI routes to Palma begin on 15 March 2022, including Bristol, Birmingham, Newcastle and Glasgow. Others such as Manchester and Doncaster-Sheffield begin on 1 March 2022.

Em0866

Jan 14, 2009
Cardiff
Good to see that today's TUI arrival from Ibiza is the Max 8. Is this the first time for any 737 Max to visit CWL?

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Sadly todays Ibiza arrival was diverted to Birmingham which is just typical as i was down at the airport to photo and film the 737 MAX that was operating it! Hopefully get it another time!

Chris Gronow

Oct 21, 2017
Cardiff
The mother in law went in to TUI today to book Cyprus from CWL for the 5th of September, the sales woman told her there was only 40 people booked on that flight and TUI are cancelling lots of flights from Cardiff so she's better off booking something else from BRS.

This obviously doesn't help the low numbers on flights at Cardiff but I can also see where she is coming from in terms of ensuring the customer actually has a holiday. Very catch 22.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
The mother in law went in to TUI today to book Cyprus from CWL for the 5th of September, the sales woman told her there was only 40 people booked on that flight and TUI are cancelling lots of flights from Cardiff so she's better off booking something else from BRS.

This obviously doesn't help the low numbers on flights at Cardiff but I can also see where she is coming from in terms of ensuring the customer actually has a holiday. Very catch 22.
I suppose that's the chance people have to take with demand lower than before. It's a shame that the travel agent is telling customers don't fly from Cardiff as something like that may well stick in people's mind and how does CWL recover if passengers don't fly from Cardiff.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Ap quick look at Summer 2023 suggests very little change expect that Palma de Mallorca will start in April and not March. Also from next month it looks like Tenerife will be permanently 3 weekly.

Severn

Staff member
Subscriber
Mar 24, 2012
Bristol, UK
TUI @ CWL - Summer 2022

A quick look at peak-summer 2022 shows 3x B738s (no MAXs unfortunately) based at CWL with 45x weekly departures (incl. 1x departure to AYT operated by another carrier).

In comparison to Summer 2019 there are more flights to BOJ, TFS, AYT & DLM, less flights to PMI & MAH and no flights to HRG or FAO.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
I've noticed on the TUI holiday website they are offering a city break holiday to Amsterdam flying with KLM. Also Portugal comes up with a few dates in August but nothing is bookable.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.