I've noticed on the TUI holiday website they are offering a city break holiday to Amsterdam flying with KLM. Also Portugal comes up with a few dates in August but nothing is bookable.
Which airline are they using for Portugal or isn't that information to hand?

In the late 'noughties' my wife and I enjoyed a short-break TUI holiday in Bruges, Belgium and TUI used Brussels Airlines to/from Brussels Zaventem Airport for that.

Many thanks.

I tried a dummy booking to the Algarve earlier, but Portugal is not shown in the drop down panel for holidays, although I did find it previously on another part of the TUI site. I thought they may be using the new WIZZ air service but that is shown for Thursdays and Sundays, it must be some kind of error.

Hopefully they will use the Wizz air flights for some of their holidays, I know they use EZY for some of their holiday offerings over at BRS.

I've just booked CWL - DBV for May with TUI

Hopefully they will use the Wizz air flights for some of their holidays, I know they use EZY for some of their holiday offerings over at BRS.

I've just booked CWL - DBV for May with TUI
Would be good if they were able to offer the option.

TUI are delaying their new Cardiff-Naples route by a year to May 1st 2023.
It was originally going to start on May 2nd this year.

SeanM1997

TUI are delaying their new Cardiff-Naples route by a year to May 1st 2023.
It was originally going to start on May 2nd this year.

SeanM1997
This route isn't new. It operated pre pandemic and was launched as part of the 3rd based aircraft but was connected to a cruise ship itinerary. It's possible that the cruise ship itinerary isn't operating and they can't fill it just on beach holidays alone.

It would be nice to hear some good news for a change, but it is what it is, so CWL will have to try and make the best of it at the present time, perhaps Marc Watkins will be able to make his presence felt in the near future.

Bourgas moves to a morning flight. Corfu becomes a W pattern with Exeter. As a result CWL will have 1 less return on a Monday.
I see they are already making changes for summer. Which looks disappointing. But understandable. I’m hoping that still might be better than the previous few summers.
This route isn't new. It operated pre pandemic and was launched as part of the 3rd based aircraft but was connected to a cruise ship itinerary. It's possible that the cruise ship itinerary isn't operating and they can't fill it just on beach holidays alone.
fair enough if it is. The source I got that from claims it is. But doesn’t look to be operating for Summer 22.

Last edited:
Good advert for TUI on Nation radio today. Advertising 20 routes and the benefit of going on holiday from your local airport.

TUI Stats for December 2021
Alicante 1007 average of 63 passengers per flight
Malaga 457 average of 57 passengers per flight
Arrecife 1277 average of 79 passengers per flight
Las Palmas 692 average of 86 passengers per flight
Tenerife South 2339 average of 90 passengers per flight
In total 5772 passengers used TUI in December, with 37 departures they averaged 78 passengers per flight.

According to Cardiff Airports departure boards the TUI departure to Bridgetown that was due to depart at 10.05 this morning will now depart at 09.00 tomorrow.

Weather report for tomorrow looks a bit better but the winds are predicted up to 60mph so they could have problems again tomorrow.

Summary of Summer 2022 so far sample 1st week in August Updated 04/04/22
Monday

06.00 Bourgas
06.55 Menorca
06.25 Corfu (operates a W pattern)
13.45 Tenerife
15.40 Antalya
18.05 Dalaman (TUI W pattern with away based aircraft)
Tuesday
06.00 Alicante
06.00 Palma de Mallorca
06.00 Reus
13.05 Keffalonia
13.25 Tenerife
14.30 Zante
22.40 Palma de Mallorca
Wednesday
06.00 Kos
06.00 Malaga
06.35 Ibiza
14.00 Rhodes
14.15 Paphos
16.25 Dalaman
Thursday
06.00 Lanzarote
06.20 Dubrovnik
06.00 Palma de Mallorca
13.10 Bourgas
14.45 Antalya
16.00 Dalaman
Friday
06.00 Menorca
06.00 Enfidha
06.10 Palma de Mallorca
13.00 Zante
14.10 Tenerife
13.20 Corfu
22.20 Ibiza
Saturday
06.05 Ibiza
06.00 Alicante
07.05 Palma de Mallorca
13.15 Kos
13.45 Gran Canaria
14.35 Rhodes
Sunday
06.00 Lanzarote
06.00 Malaga
07.05 Palma de Mallorca
13.25 Larnaca
14.25 Paphos
15.35 Heraklion

So TUI S22 looks like this 3 based aircraft, 23 destinations, 44 weekly departures. Faro dropped, Sharm el Sheikh dropped, Naples suspended until 2023.
Palma de Mallorca 6 weekly
Tenerife 3 weekly
Dalaman 3 weekly
Ibiza 3 weekly
Antalya 2 weekly
Alicante 2 weekly
Malaga 2 weekly
Lanzarote 2 weekly
Paphos 2 weekly
Corfu 2 weekly
Rhodes 2 weekly
Zante 2 weekly
Kos 2 weekly
Menorca 2 weekly
Bourgas 2 weekly
Keffalonia 1 weekly
Reus 1 weekly
Gran Canaria 1 weekly
Dubrovnik 1 weekly
Enfidha 1 weekly
Larnaca 1 weekly
Heraklion 1 weekly

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock