Yes Finger66 it was probably Etops rules for a twin as opposed to, in my opinion, the four engined safer option.

Perhaps time for a name change from a300boy to a340boy then if you prefer 4 engines haha. Know why you have the name you have though so it's logical

I would
Yes Finger66 it was probably Etops rules for a twin as opposed to, in my opinion, the four engined safer option.
There are plenty of 2 engine aircraft heading to the US and Mexico and the Caribbean that head over Wales. So would it be restricted?

Maybe he had a defect which we call an Mel item [ Minimum Equipment List ] which needed him to route that way or even a traffic flow or flight plan issue out of the crews hands.
We do not really know do we so I will stop guessing.

Talking of A340...in the summer an AIR TAHITI flew over my house in baildon routing paris to los angeles. Very strange sighting!

A trio of interesting flyover just West of the zone, early this afternoon were a pair of Beech 18's.
N184KP was first at around 1334 East of Huddersfield heading to Pretwick followed on the same routing 30 minutes later by N21FS.

These two along with another N223CM came over for the flying legends show at Duxford. 'CM is currently(1420) overhead Doncaster heading Northwest toward the Leeds area, presumably also heading to Prestwick.

Memories of G-ASUG and G-ASNX which ere based at LBA :)

Last edited:
Also just overhead Huddersfield at 1430 is DC-3 N431HM, another aircraft retuning home to the States after taking part in the Flying Legens display.

Another interesting overflight, this time a little more West, heading Southeast is King Air 350 VH-VPQ which is the first of 4 of the type on delivery to the Royal Flying Doctor Services in Australia.

Also just overhead Huddersfield at 1430 is DC-3 N431HM, another aircraft retuning home to the States after taking part in the Flying Legens display.

I'm glad you mentioned that. I heard it but I couldn't see it to confirm.

Another interesting overflight, this time a little more West, heading Southeast is King Air 350 VH-VPQ which is the first of 4 of the type on delivery to the Royal Flying Doctor Services in Australia.

FL-1142_001_1170.jpg

King Air 350 VH-VPQ

The Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) South Eastern Section’s first new Beechcraft King Air 350 is on its way from the United States to Australia.

The aircraft, VH-VPQ, took off from Wichita in Kansas, on Monday August 27 (United States time) on the first leg of its journey to Australia.

The RFDS said the aircraft was expected to arrive in September. Further, it said VH-VPQ was the first of four King Air 350s destined for the RFDS South Eastern Section.

Read more: https://australianaviation.com.au/2018/08/first-of-four-rfds-king-air-350s-on-its-way-to-australia/

I saw one of the Beech 18s at around 2.20pm this afternoon. It was over North Leeds, heading in the direction of Bramhope and then to the NW of the Leeds area. I heard it a long time before it arrived and a quick look through my binoculars confirmed it was something of interest, with the twin tailplane clear to see. With the twin piston engines it sounded very much like a wartime aircraft.

Watched an Emirates 777 fly east abeam LBA about half an hour ago. Heading north and descending, inbound to Newcastle I expect. Looked rather splendid in the sunshine and the mix of blue sky and high white cloud behind.

Watched an Emirates 777 fly east abeam LBA about half an hour ago. Heading north and descending, inbound to Newcastle I expect. Looked rather splendid in the sunshine and the mix of blue sky and high white cloud behind.

I saw the same flight going down into NCL a couple of days ago Oldendays. Easy to spot with the large read logo under the fuselage. What I would give to see one descending over Leeds into LBA though!

What I would give to see one descending over Leeds into LBA though!

It would be great. Need an adequately-sized stand to accommodate it though.

If a Boeing 777 did ever land at LBA, it would must likely have to go on stand 14A (Thats the same one used Canadian Boeing C17) doing so blocks of stand 13 as well. Or I guess they could use stands 19, 20/20A or 21A/21B/21C .

Well assuming we have no chance of such a flight before the terminal works are completed, that takes us to 2020. The next phase, as LBA have stated, includes building additional stands, so if they really expect to attract wide body aircraft, they will have to ensure that there are stands capable of taking them without impacting on all the other flights operating. Perhaps at that stage they will re-mark the stands, or perhaps they will create a new stand that is capable of taking such an aircraft without causing chaos on the main apron. I am sure they will come up with something.

AN-12 UR-CKL just rumbled overhead LBA climbing out of Doncaster/
Must have been quite heavy as it was on passing 12000' in the overhead.

AN-12 UR-CEZ just overflown LBA at 13000' climbing out of Doncaster
As with earlier one very audible but with the weather no chance of seeing

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock