This headline looks to have answered my question - could we see a night stop just to use the slots in the interim as I'm pretty sure they have to be for UK traffic? I wonder if this is our only bite at the cherry to get a night stop. I did read BA offered to run NQY but only as a summer service.

Last edited:
Norwegian are tipped to be another struggler - BA will have those Gatwick slots like a shot if they're allowed to so you can see them being winners out of this whole sorry affair. Similarly does anyone know what will happen to the LHR remedy slots that Flybe were using - do they revert to BA on the condition they are used for domestic travel?
Norwegian was on the list of 6 airlines MOL predicted at the 2018 AGM would not be flying by the end of 2019, he was right with the other 5.
At his press conference in November 2019 he was reminded of his prediction, this time by the national press, added another 6 months and on Sky news last week now giving Norwegian weeks only.
As Norwegian the only carrier flying from the north of england direct to bergen to see my son and his partner, its payment by credit card and a hope its still flying through out 2020.

As Norwegian the only carrier flying from the north of england direct to bergen to see my son and his partner, its payment by credit card and a hope its still flying through out 2020.
It looks like SAS still fly MAN-Bergen non-stop twice weekly, so you might have a back up if needed.

I've seen on another site that the big BA European cut backs later this month will also affect domestics. It suggested LBA would reduce from 10 to 9 weekly, but on checking the BA website it still currently shows 10 weekly.

The late rotation on Friday has been cancelled next week on 20 March. So far that seems to be the only cancellation up to the end of the month on the route.

What with all this Coronavirus business and Extinction Rebellion, we might as well just shut the whole place down and have done with it!!

Not necessarily in the right order but LBA [and the wider aviation industry] has had numerous catastrophes to deal with but every single time it's rebounded back.

The Gulf War 1
The Gulf War 2
Recession
9/11
Mad Cows Disease
Global Financial Crisis & Recession

So there's every reason to believe the aviation industry will recover quickly from the Covid-19 pandemic.

However, It's going to get far worse before it gets better. It's going to be a very rough three months ahead unless the virus becomes less prevalent. The current theme wherever this virus breaks out is a doubling up every week. This is going to explode like a mushroom cloud if Covid-19 continues to spread exponentially at the same rate unhindered.

My honest opinion here is we're looking at a complete shut down of the economy for a short period similar to what China has had to do. They've had no option and I don't think we will either. It will become very clear within the next couple of weeks when the number of cases rises to in the region of 1600 cases. Might not sound a lot but with other countries such as Italy reporting 10% of cases requiring intensive care, it's going to become a huge problem for the UK.

Let's check back here in two weeks to see if this 1600 cases is accurate before calling me a doom monger.

Also worth noting that British Airways announced today that its going to suspend operating the flagship ("Speedbird01") BA01/02 service between London City & New York from March 25th to September 20th due to the downturn in bookings because of the #CronaVirus. These flights are operated by the baby Airbus A318, G-EUNA which is in a 32 sear business config.

Last edited:
Why if they have a good load? Doesn't make sense.

They may have being getting good loads in January when I posted the stats but alot of things have changed since then especially with the Crona Virus now classed as a worldwide pandemic by the "World Health Organization" .
British Airways along with most other airlines and operators in the UK and around the World have suffered a massive downturn in forward bookings (for LBA-LHR route its noticeable especially in first week of April).
I suppose its now all about reducing costs by grounding aircraft, keeping you cabin & flight crews at home and putting passengers on alternative services, instead of flying empty aircraft and burning unnecessary fuel. I understand its not just LBA seeing cancellations its across the whole BA network on UK domestic, Short Haul and Long Haul services.

Last edited:
Its truly unbelievable what we are seeing here at now most airports inc LBA due to corona virus, something we have never seen before, literally every day route after route suspended, its going to get to the point where most major airports are just totally dead, if you think 9/11 or the economic downturn of ten years back was bad this is going to be on a different scale! I fear for many airlines and there staff, one thing is for sure it will re face the whole airline industry. This is certainly the time for LBA to get its new terminal because when the industry picks up again the airlines that are around still would I feel look at LBA With its shiny new terminal,big catchment area etc

Indeed. Sports events cancelled...arena events cancelled. This is going to do serious damage to small firms and big corporations alike. It's like a Hollywood apocalyptic disaster movie at the moment. You would think it is Friday 13th!!

A.319 G-DBCF(Shuttle 20D) carrying out a visual approach runway 32(1015), no radar available at present.
Noteworthy, as we don't often get the former British Midland aircraft operating the Heathrow service.

Was the ILS not operational either?

As was to be expected. A few more British Airways cancellations have started to appear on the Leeds - London Heathrow route. As I understand they have plans to start parking up 75% of the fleet. With not enough room at Heathrow aircraft to pork them all other UK airports are been used a storage.Do we have any room at LBA for a few BA airbuses?

March
Fri, 20th = BA1344/1345
Thu 26th = BA1344/1345
Fri 27th = BA1344/1345

April
Wed 1st = BA1340/1341
Thu, 2nd = BA1344/1345
Fri, 3rd = BA1344/1345
Mon, 6th = BA1344/1345
Tue, 7th = BA1340/1341

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock