What puzzles me is why cut routes from LBA that apparently had good loads, and to then base the aircraft at other bases opening up new routes that possibly might be risky? Also now the routes have been introduced again from Leeds would the customers return? They naturally might just go elsewhere?
Recent figures showing that 49% of flights made by males in the age group 18-35 are to stag do's, and 37% for females attending Hen do's, cant make good reading for all airlines.
Same survey showed Stag and Hen flights down 15% year on year and likely to fall dramatically as this age group show s a lead in cutting down flights.
With the corona virus taking hold on flights to Italy and the Far east

Will the Malta flights be marketed by Ryanair going forward or by their new Malta Air subsidiary via their own booking engine? Anyone know? I understood they were getting their own livery etc, and it seems likely that our Malta flights might well be operated by them.

Can't wait until Ryanair bring the Boeing 737-MAX to Leeds/Bradford. It i'll be safest aircraft in the skies once it's re-certified by the FAA.

Even better if people don't want to fly on it, Won't see me complaning about if it means i'll more room to spread out on a short flight to Europe at cheaper fares than high priced rivals.

Can't wait until Ryanair bring the Boeing 737-MAX to Leeds/Bradford. It i'll be safest aircraft in the skies once it's re-certified by the FAA
Agreed, it’s been scrutinised, re-scrutinised and re-re-scrutinised more than any other aircraft in recent times.

The problem with the Max is that the certifying authority is the FAA, who have subbied out their responsibilities to the manufacturer for very many years. Now they would have us believe that they are on top of the game, know what they are doing and holding Boeing to account...Well if you believe that..........I suspect that other certifiying authorties such as EASA will not accept the FAA any more and may well demand to conduct their own extensive checks before allowing it into European skies. I decision I would applaud.

I’ve just read that the U.K. will leave the EASA and certification will be down to the CAA.
I've read that this will mean a c£40m bill every year rather than the c4m€ a year we contribute to EASA. Is this likely to be an accurate figure and if so are we, as a nation, being pig headed for the sake of 'doing it our way'? I wonder. If these figures are true I imagine that questions will be asked.

I've read that this will mean a c£40m bill every year rather than the c4m€ a year we contribute to EASA. Is this likely to be an accurate figure and if so are we, as a nation, being pig headed for the sake of 'doing it our way'? I wonder. If these figures are true I imagine that questions will be asked.

You've got experts around the UK, senior management flagging red flags around with this and yet our transport minister is still going ahead with this. Welcome to the government we've elected (definitely not me). Tighten your seatbelts were in for a bumpy ride. This line on the BBC basically sums up our future relationship with EASA and EU ""dumb follower of EU rules".

Last edited:
Surely we want control, whatever the price. The cosy relationship between the FAA and Boeing has led to a least two preventable crashes and questions about the relationship between EASA and Airbus are now being raised.
Money should never be the bench mark for any decision where safety is vital, France dictate Airbus policy, always have always will.
Every audit of the EASA has brought huge failings in its operation and a complete conflict of interest position and it failed tests in all 4 major areas of its operation.
If were putting the EASA or the FAA forward as a model, that we should back without question and carry on supporting I am deeply troubled.
Even the E.U. own audit of the EASA have shown the agency has a substantial crisis of credibility as well as the incidence of favoritism and conflict of interest, in fact its shown to have no conflict of interest policies.
Its only right that the CAA takes overall control, this is the way it has been for decades of my life, only this century have we changed, not for the better it would seem.
We have only found out about the FAA failing due to the Max failures, thankfully this has highlighted the weakness of the EASA as well.
If it cost 10 times more to do it properly ( i accept no guarantee), so be it, but we dont have a major airline to pull our strings.

Ryanair's 2x weekly Leeds/Bradford - Pisa flights for summer 2020 are now showing operated by "Malta Air" as follows.

Mondays
FR2502 = PSA 17:00 - LBA 18:25 / FR2501 = LBA 18:55 - PSA 22:20
Fridays
FR2502 = PSA 13:10 - LBA 14:35 / FR2501= LBA 15:05 - PSA 18:30

The Maltese Government has just announced its introduced a 14 day compulsory self isolation period for all citizens arriving from the UK. Jet2 have suspended there services from Leeds but at this time Ryanair are still on sale

Malta Luqa = Flights still on sale 2x weekly (Wed & Sat)

Having experienced FR literally just abandoning us in Spain due to the Ash Cloud, I'm not sure I'd travel with them during this time ...they're good when everything is OK ( and the price very good) but there was no duty of care when things went wrong ...we were left to find our own way home overland.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock