BHX will have a dedicated Red List Terminal from next Tuesday so along with its Red List Hotels we should see various flights heading to BHX, the first of which is in the system !

With the quarantine hotels around BHX currently full, even with another recently made available, I wonder if anymore are about to come online.

In a statement the Department for Transport said “as part of a limited trial, from June 8, direct flights will be permitted to England from countries on the ‘red list’ that were previously subject to flight bans, so long as they arrive at dedicated terminals at Heathrow and Birmingham airports”.

“The requirement for these direct flights to arrive at dedicated facilities will help keep more red list passengers separate from others, helping to ensure they are processed as safely and efficiently as possible and then travel straight to their managed quarantine hotel and reduce queues at the border.”

Full article, including comments from Nick Barton, on the link above.

So from tomorrow the subset of red list countries which also have an inbound passenger travel ban can operate passenger flights in to the UK but only when coming in to LHR and BHX - other airports including LGW, LCY, and BRS can accept red list but not from the smaller list of countries also having a inbound direct passenger ban.

Countries on this list are Argentina, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Brazil, Cape Verde, Chile, Egypt, Ethiopia, India, Kenya, The Maldives, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar; South Africa, Sri Lanka, Turkey, United Arab Emirates.

MAN was never on the list to accept any red list passengers since the scheme started a few months ago.

Just had an interesting job ad pop up on my Linkedin feed published 2 days ago....

Cabin Crew Training Manager - Airline
Our Airline client is a new UK airline brand relaunching shortly at Birmingham Airport. They urgently require a forward-thinking and permanent Cabin Crew Training Manager to work closely with the Head of Training and assist with delivery oversight of crew welfare and performance delivery during training. This is an ideal opportunity to take a ‘blank canvas’ and support the creation of the whole cabin crew training strategy and operational delivery plan.

Looking for immediate interviews. Any guesses?

There are reports on another forum that an earlier job advert did indeed state Flybe but has since been removed and replaced with one saying 'new UK airline'.

I didn't see the original release so cannot comment on whether that is true.

With the news this morning that Stobart have ceased trading there certainly is a big gap in the market now to Belfast, Cork, Shannon and possibly even Knock.

I think it is vaguely more possible now under the new leadership. Under the previous management I suspect if you ever proposed operating from the regions to somewhere other than LHR/LCY/LGW you were taken out the back and shot. But over the last year we have seen BA use mainline aircraft from MAN and NCL to go to Portugal.

I still think BA operating intra UK flights not to LON is perhaps a step too far though - I am not actually convinced these routes are money spinners especially when being operated with BA mainline jets and crews when compared to operating with an ATR and much cheaper Stobart crews.

Before I emigrated I used to fly to Belfast upwards of thirty to forty times a year. I can remember only one of those flights being half full and the rest were rammed to the gills. Yes some of those seats were sold at a low price, but a lot weren't. For the short flight time, I would surmise that they generated a lot of revenue for each of the airlines that flew the routes.
At times Flybe charged eyewatering fares which I just had to suck up as I had to be there.
There's a reason Easyjet kept BHX-BFS running through the pandemic, when many intra UK flights were stopped.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock