I think you can safely rule out a new viewing terrace at BHX !
I was at LHR on Saturday and the guy in the shop was saying they are looking to put a new viewing terrace in place there on the car park by the Renaissance close to the existing on at The Acadamy !
I hope if they do its raised above fence level at LHR.

** OVERNIGHT EMERGENCY EXERCISE AT BIRMINGHAM AIRPORT 15/16 NOVEMBER **

Householders will receive letters from Birmingham Airport regarding the following Emergency Exercise:

Dear Householder

I am writing to advise that a major training exercise to test the airport’s emergency response to an aircraft incident is taking place at Birmingham Airport overnight on the 15th to 16th November. The Civil Aviation Authority requires us to conduct an emergency exercise every four years. This gives us the opportunity to work with companies on site and with local emergency services to test how we would collectively respond in the unlikely event of a major incident on the airfield.

The training exercise will involve West Midlands Fire and Ambulance crews who will need to access the airport site via the gate at the Emergency Rendezvous Point at the south end of Elmdon Lane. Up to thirty vehicles will enter the airport site in a phased programme of movements beginning around 23:30 and lasting for around 30 minutes. This may involve vehicles being ‘stacked’ along Elmdon Lane from around 23:00. Although no sirens will be used during the exercise, residents of Marston Green – particularly along Elmdon Lane, Digby Drive, The Foredrift and Newlands Lane - may be aware of blue lights. We are advising that residents should not be alarmed and that the vehicles are present only for the purposes of the exercise and not because a genuine emergency has occurred.

Once on the airfield, the emergency vehicles will proceed to the incident site at the north end of the main taxiway, meaning only residents at the north end of Elmdon Lane are likely to be aware of any additional activity. However, because this area is shielded by the noise bund, we do not anticipate major disruption or disturbance. The exercise will conclude by 03:00 latest at which point vehicles will exit the airport via the normal road system and not through Marston Green. The exercise is taking place when the airfield is already closed overnight for annual maintenance works andso there will be no impact on passenger operations.

For residents of Elmdon Lane south of its junction with Elmdon Road, we are requesting that double parking on the road be avoided where possible and are reminding residents close to the Emergency Rendezvous Point at the end of the Lane that access is required at all times and to please ensure that no vehicles are parked on the lane at this (or indeed any) time.

Should you have any questions, please contact me via email at [email protected].

Your co-operation in ensuring the smooth running of this important exercise is greatly appreciated.

Andy Holding
Corporate Responsibility Manager

Just seen this on ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***-

Signs of winter:

Relatively quiet today with Jet2 having only five departures including three to the Canaries using A321s.
They have seven 737H parked up plus another A321 along with two 737H over with STS.
Total departures looks like seventy-seven plus five freight flights including the National 744 and Uzbekistan 767 mentioned in the BHX movements forum.

Dog days of winter are here- boo 😔

Putting this optomistic view of BHX here as it covers most of the operations.

The recent uptick in freight movements is great to see with three widebodies +other regular stuff yesterday and another today. Long may it continue.

The Elmdon site site has a great variety of comings and goings along with the regular and add-hoc charters of freight flights we get various RAF and the odd foreign military aircraft, repatriation flighs, even the England football team plus othe club sides. Alongside that a good general aviation presence both based and visitors not forgetting the Cops chopper. We also have STS who despite getting a bit of stick lately do provide some variety and more than a few highly skilled aviation jobs.

Over on the passenger terminal side I make BHX to have eleven national/flag carriers including three Middle Eastern plus Air India. We are at last getting a major boost on the low cost side next summer with Ryanair 7/8 based and EasyJet 3 based compared summer 23 which was just Ryanair 6 based -a big increase.
We also have Wizz and Vueling with there offerings with around 20 plus weekly departures. Alongside all this we have the likes of Loganair, Emmerald, Blue Islands etc.

Tui and Jet2 will base over twenty aircraft (23?) next summer and along with the other holiday operators including the soon to start Pegasus a good offering.

We have a range and variety that many other airports can only dream of and its still growing.

Glass half full today 😋

The recent uptick in freight movements is great to see with three widebodies +other regular stuff yesterday and another today. Long may it continue.

The Elmdon site site has a great variety of comings and goings along with the regular and add-hoc charters of freight flights we get various RAF and the odd foreign military aircraft, repatriation flighs, even the England football team plus othe club sides. Alongside that a good general aviation presence both based and visitors not forgetting the Cops chopper. We also have STS who despite getting a bit of stick lately do provide some variety and more than a few highly skilled aviation jobs.

Over on the passenger terminal side I make BHX to have eleven national/flag carriers including three Middle Eastern plus Air India. We are at last getting a major boost on the low cost side next summer with Ryanair 7/8 based and EasyJet 3 based compared summer 23 which was just Ryanair 6 based -a big increase.
We also have Wizz and Vueling with there offerings with around 20 plus weekly departures. Alongside all this we have the likes of Loganair, Emmerald, Blue Islands etc.

Tui and Jet2 will base over twenty aircraft (23?) next summer and along with the other holiday operators including the soon to start Pegasus a good offering.

We have a range and variety that many other airports can only dream of and its still growing.

Glass half full today 😋
Tui & Jet2 will be closer to 29 at some points over the summer I think Rollo. Wouldn't bet my life on it though 😀

Hi Karl ,

I thought Jet2 were 14/15 Tui 9 including 2 787s which if I recall you will be on one soon BGI?

Think you might be correct Karl about TUI not sure re Jet2 happy to bo incorrect 😉

Whatever the specific numbers are, it is a boost for BHX to have the runway in regular use. I personally prefer to see the major carriers to offer services in place of the low cost outfits to the major cities throughout europe and beyond.

Glass half full today 😋
Agree, I think BHX probably has more plane diversity than perhaps any other UK airport. small, biz, main full fare airlines, charter, lots of ad hocs AN-26/AN-12, 747F, military transport etc

Quiet afternoon at the airport on Tuesday!!

No commercial arrivals between 12:50 & 15:15 a gap of 2 hours and 25 minutes:-

Dublin Aer Lingus EI 266 12:50
Frankfurt Lufthansa LH 954 12:50
Amsterdam Klm Royal Dutch Airlines KL 1425 12:50
Alicante Jet2 LS 1216 15:15

No commercial departures between 13:40 and 16:15, a gap of 2 hours and 35 minutes:-

Dubai Emirates EK 40 13:40
Aberdeen Logan Air LM 66 16:15

must be winter!!! :eek:

New website coming next year.

With new airport security screening requirements coming into force next year, airports are having to rethink strategies to sustain revenue streams from food and duty-free sales, because passengers are expected to spend less time on site.

Quba’s solution for Birmingham is an in-airport “app style web experience” to maintain customer engagement and boost sales.

New website coming next year.

With new airport security screening requirements coming into force next year, airports are having to rethink strategies to sustain revenue streams from food and duty-free sales, because passengers are expected to spend less time on site.

Quba’s solution for Birmingham is an in-airport “app style web experience” to maintain customer engagement and boost sales.

About time

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock