Wizz UK will open their new DSA base this week, with the 1st flight to TFS on Thursday. A321 G-WUKC positioned in from Luton on Saturday 17th to start operations. Initially, 5 routes are to be operated by the based unit, add that to a total of 14 flights a week in October/ November from non-based aircraft of Wizz Hungary, and that forms the flights to currently available destinations.
Aircraft will be swapped down route between a321 & a320 as passenger loadings demand, and the 2nd based Airbus is still scheduled to start in December.
Crews have been recruited for the base, and information is that Wizz are constantly reviewing the COVID situation to enable the planned routes to start and ramp up as soon as is practical.

Information from Routes Online.

Fri 30 Oct 2020
7x Wizz Air departures from DSA today.

Poland
WAW
- Wizz A321
POZ - Wizz A321
GDN - Wizz A321
LUZ - Wizz UK A321 (DSA based aircraft)

Lithuania
VNO
- Wizz A320

Romania
OTP
- Wizz A320

Canary Islands, Spain
ACE
- Wizz UK A321 (DSA based aircraft)

Fri 30 Oct 2020
7x Wizz Air departures from DSA today.

Poland
WAW
- Wizz A321
POZ - Wizz A321
GDN - Wizz A321
LUZ - Wizz UK A321 (DSA based aircraft)

Lithuania
VNO
- Wizz A320

Romania
OTP
- Wizz A320

Canary Islands, Spain
ACE
- Wizz UK A321 (DSA based aircraft)
By far the busiest day of the week for Wizz at DSA at present , non Covid times should see 10 destinations served on a Friday.

I'd be surprised if they launched GIB from DSA. From MAN if/when the base happens i can see but not DSA.

I wonder if Gibraltar will now follow on after Luton into there. At least for a summer season. Not much competition
I'd be surprised if they launched GIB from DSA. From MAN if/when the base happens i can see but not DSA.
Is GIB a growing destinations from the UK?

Apart from Wizz Air to Luton, the only other GIB-UK routes I can find are British Airways to Heathrow and easyJet to Gatwick, Manchester and Bristol, with Edinburgh beginning on 30 March 2021.

I wonder if well ever see Ryan Air back at DSA if these new routes from Wizz UK have high passenger numbers.
I doubt it, I think the size of DSA as an airport with an expanded Wizz operation TUI and then someone to come in and fly some domestic/city routes would be a perfect fit, the airports history tells us that things work best with loyal carrier's who are in it for the long haul not airlines looking for a good deal only to leave 12 months after. The airport has ambition to grow but it also knows its place in the pecking order and how difficult it is to secure new airlines the deal with Wizz basing took time.

Is GIB a growing destinations from the UK?

Apart from Wizz Air to Luton, the only other GIB-UK routes I can find are British Airways to Heathrow and easyJet to Gatwick, Manchester and Bristol, with Edinburgh beginning on 30 March 2021.
You found all the airlines that fly to GIB. Monarch used to fly the route when they were operating.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock