giphy.gif

The word "identikit" comes to mind for me. I wonder if EI and Iberia, Lufty, LEVEL, Westjet, LATAM, Transat, Alitalia, Qantas, Avianca, easyJet, Belavia, and EVA Air have all been to the same "design consultants"?

You forgot Air Canada, Finnair and China Eastern!

I actually quite like the new West Jet livery, along with Gulf Air and El Al they represent the best of the recent rebrands we’ve seen. Sometimes less can mean more.

Strangely you then get airlines like Malaysia and Royal Air Maroc that get it absolutely spot on and for some bizzare reason decide only too paint it on a handful of planes!

Last edited:
I’ll be honest here, I’m not much of a big fan. For me, the uniqueness of the old livery is just gone now and as the other posters have said, it looks similar to Qantas and Westjet etc. I was hoping for a livery with more greenery as that set it apart. It’s not terrible, but it would be similar to KLM getting rid of their all blue livery and opting for something generic.

New livery on the A320:

1547807422045.png

Glad to see the tail 'green' more closely matches the renders this time.

I would say that if Aer Lingus was a new Irish Airline launched this year, the livery was a good choice. It certainly feels modern in the 2019 aviation industry.

Unfortunately Aer Lingus isn't a new airline.

In researching their new livery, supposedly Aer Lingus found that more colour reflected low cost, whilst less reflected full service. As they're trying to position themselves as somewhere in the middle, I think they could have opted for a bit more colour. Perhaps something like the 'stripe' along the fuselage like easyJet's livery (but in green obviously) could have worked better?

1547807779471.png

I think it looks better on the A320 over the A330 but I'm still not impressed :cautious:

I'd agree with you about the A320 - I guess being smaller it appears that there's less white.

As I said before, I didn't originally like the new American and Air Canada livery but I've grown to like them. Both airlines went from a full fuselage livery (bare metal and pale bluey green) to mostly white with just the tails coloured.

I think I'll grow to like this on the A320, but not sure about the A330.

Will be interesting to see how this looks on the A321LR later this year and the A350 when they arrive next year.

What's going to happen with Aer Lingus Regional (operated by Stobart Air)? Will we see this livery on the ATR?

Nothing to see here - it’s meh !

That said it’s all about potential inter operability across the IAG estate.

Would take probably just few days to change the tail wrap and off to IB VY or LV if needs be !

Internally they are all pretty much the same seating already .

Maybe its just me not wanting the BA livery to change, but I'm not so sure this is an IAG 'plan' or anything.

Whilst yes this new livery is similar to Iberia and Level, its also similar to Westjet, Qantas, Air Canada, American, Delta and others.

Plus BA's current livery is almost all white with colour on tail and engines, just like this Aer Lingus livery is.

New livery on the A320:

View attachment 11982

Glad to see the tail 'green' more closely matches the renders this time.

I would say that if Aer Lingus was a new Irish Airline launched this year, the livery was a good choice. It certainly feels modern in the 2019 aviation industry.

Unfortunately Aer Lingus isn't a new airline.

In researching their new livery, supposedly Aer Lingus found that more colour reflected low cost, whilst less reflected full service. As they're trying to position themselves as somewhere in the middle, I think they could have opted for a bit more colour. Perhaps something like the 'stripe' along the fuselage like easyJet's livery (but in green obviously) could have worked better?

View attachment 11983
weird looking Airbus is it a A320 or a A321????

Been reported on the dried fruit by OltonPete that Aer Lingus are reducing BHX-DUB from 5-4 weekly and the last rotation of the day will switch from Airbus A320 to Cityjet on a much smaller jet. Quite a lot of capacity gone on BHX-DUB

:arghh:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock