KLM Winter 2018/19 schedule shows all Amsterdam - Leeds flights been operated by Embraer 190.

1234567 = KL1540 LBA 06:10 – AMS 08:30
1234567 = KL1545 AMS 09:30 – LBA 09:40 / KL1546 LBA 10:10 – AMS 12:25
12345-7 = KL1549 AMS 16:35 – LBA 16:45 / KL1550 LBA 17:15 – AMS 19:30
1234567 = KL1551 AMS 21:45 – LBA 21:55

Note that all 3x rotations will operate Xmas Eve, Xmas Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day.

Last edited:
Expect an announcement very soon regarding an increase in ‘based’ seats from Leeds for next Summer or sooner...

From Embraer to Boeing if you can catch on... :sneaky::sneaky:
Just Leeds or are other airports getting 737s?

Our red, white and blue friends should be sitting up and taking notice of this. However in their true fashion I suspect they couldn't give a t@@s. Good luck to KLM, they seem committed to the regions

LBA management did say at the last Consultative Committee meeting that due to excellent loads on KLM they were in discussion with regard to increased capacity, either through the use of larger aircraft types or re-instating the 4th daily rotation we lost, then re-gained, and then lost again. It will be interesting to see if this happens and if so, which option.

If a larger plane, would it still entail being bussed to the terminal at Amsterdam? Presumably also still gate D6?

If a larger plane, would it still entail being bussed to the terminal at Amsterdam? Presumably also still gate D6?
If it's a 737 from what I've seen that'll be a contact stand with an airbridge. When I've used AMS I've only ever seen KLM Cityhopper jets use the remote stand area.

LBA management did say at the last Consultative Committee meeting that due to excellent loads on KLM they were in discussion with regard to increased capacity, either through the use of larger aircraft types or re-instating the 4th daily rotation we lost, then re-gained, and then lost again. It will be interesting to see if this happens and if so, which option.
Due to the current slot constraints at Schipol I would expect this to be in the form of a larger aircraft, almost certainly a B737-700. Either way, it will be great news if it happens. Are the 737s any better or worse equipped for dealing with poor weather does anyone know?

My guess is that they are going to put the Boeing 737-700 on the night stopper whilst the mid moring and afternoon rotations will remain Embraer 190 operated.
And meant to say all three rotations usually do really well so it may be more than just the night stopper but whatever the increase, assuming we are getting one which it looks like we may be, is a very positive move from KLM. Any other airlines wish to take note?

If this happens and a 737 is introduced onto the route it will be a good thing for KLM and passengers wanting to fly from LBA to places further afield. KLM will be placing bets on BA reducing their offering, for what it is worth today, even further and good luck to them.

The only caveat I would add is that they will need to be very careful with their pricing for the onward flights from Schipol as, when I have looked at what they are offering recently, they have been very expensive, which if that remains the case, would kill stone dead any thoughts they had on making a killing on the route with onward connections.

I used to use KLM alot in years gone by but they, along with many others, seem to have watered down their offering making them no better than any other carrier in my view. Maybe, just maybe, they have seen the light and are reacting poitively to an opportunity they see. Who knows.

We're KLMs prices high from everywhere or just LBA? With fares being "through fares" if the LBA legs are heavily sold then this will impact on the overall fare. Extra capacity could just mean more cheaper fares. Also be interesting to see if this impacts LS point to point traffic, especially as their 733s leave the fleet.

We're KLMs prices high from everywhere or just LBA? With fares being "through fares" if the LBA legs are heavily sold then this will impact on the overall fare. Extra capacity could just mean more cheaper fares. Also be interesting to see if this impacts LS point to point traffic, especially as their 733s leave the fleet.

Last week, I checked out a trip to Nantes in early October and could get £122 return.

Off to visit my son in Arnhem late September using KLM to Amsterdam as flight times more convenient, £40 each way which includes the free KLM bus to Arnhem which I consider excellent value.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock