From SPD_Travels on Twitter

Info |

Apparently a new start up called Sentra Airways is aiming to run a 6 weekly Manchester-Accra flight. Website gives little away and no way will it start on May 1st, but it is registered in companies house

From today's Routes Online:

Tunisian carrier Nouvelair is relaunching scheduled flights from London Gatwick (LGW) and Manchester (MAN) to plug what it believes is a capacity gap left by the demise of Thomas Cook in 2019.

Data provided by OAG Schedules Analyser shows that the airline will serve MAN from Monastir (MIR) and LGW from Tunis (TUN). Both routes will initially be 2X-weekly from July 3.

Flights will operate up to the end of October with the potential to extend further. The program will also resume in May 2022.

Based in the Tunisian resort Monastir, Nouvelair was established in 1989. The carrier has a long history of operating charter flights between the UK and Tunisia on behalf of British tour operators.

The airline has a fleet of 11 Airbus A320s and is majority owned by TTS Group, which owns four hotels in Tunisia, travel agencies and other businesses.

“Tunisia has been a very popular destination for UK holidaymakers and despite the terrible impact on all our lives caused COVID, we want to make sure we can provide the opportunity for holiday makers to return to Tunisia this summer,” Nouvelair sales and marketing director Karim Dahmani said.

Nouvelair believes the UK-Tunisia market is underserved following the failure of leisure carrier Thomas Cook, which collapsed in September 2019.

Good to see both easyJet and Loganair on the Newquay route. Slight difference between 186 seats on EZY and 49 with LOG.
Also good that Eastern have restarted Southampton.

Thanks to SPD_Travels on twitter for the link

Luxair still want to start a Manchester route but the route depends on whether the onwards connections with Virgin Atlantic are back up and running.

June

Singapore Airlines Relaunches Flights From Manchester Airport In July​

- First flight launches 17 July
- Three weekly departures on the A350-900 aircraft

A week after the Airline celebrated its 50th anniversary of flying from the UK, Singapore Airlines (SIA) is delighted to announce the return of its nonstop Manchester-Singapore route, beginning on 17th July 2021.
Initially, the flight will operate three times weekly to and from Singapore, with an A350-900 aircraft but it is hoped that in time, this can gradually increase and also include the return of the westbound transatlantic connection to Houston, USA.
Singapore Airlines’ history with Manchester Airport has been one of the longest on record. The Airline had been the airport’s longest serving long-haul carrier, having operated continuously since 1986, until the Covid-19 pandemic forced 98% of its flights globally to be grounded last year. The 2016 launch of transatlantic services to Houston, in the Airline’s 30th year of Manchester operations, became the first Singapore Airlines has ever operated from the UK and in 2017, the Airline also introduced the first commercial A350 flight from Manchester Airport, as the aircraft was introduced on the Manchester-Singapore-Houston route.
Mr Mohamed Rafi Mar, General Manager, UK and Ireland, commented: “Manchester and the northwest region have been a key part of our route network for over 30 years, so while it was never our intention to have an enforced break in service as has happened due to the unprecedented Covid-19 pandemic, we are delighted to be able to make our return. As restrictions slowly ease, our dedicated Manchester staff are excited to welcome our customers back once more and we look forward to continuing our longstanding and deep connection with the city of Manchester and its surroundings.”
Manchester Airport’s Managing Director, Karen Smart said: “We are pleased to hear Singapore Airlines will be resuming its direct service from Manchester next month. Singapore Airlines is one of our longest serving airlines and we know its routes have been extremely popular with passengers from across the North over the years, both in terms of leisure and business travel. We look forward to working with our colleagues at Singapore Airlines to make this returning service a success, especially given the destination’s inclusion on the UK Government’s green list. Together, we hope to be able to relaunch the popular Houston service as soon as possible once travel to and from the United States is opened up.”
Route Schedule (all times local):
Launch DateFlight numberDeparture cityDeparture TimeArrival CityArrival TimeDays of operationAircraft Type
16 JulSQ52Singapore01:45Manchester08:30Wednesday
Friday
Sunday
A350-900
17 JulSQ51Manchester11:00Singapore07:00+1Monday
Thursday
Saturday

The latest ACL report for W21 has now been made available to me:

View attachment 23579

My initial reaction so far?

Aer Lingus - still showing for the Winter period, I'd rather see the airline obtain it's UK license from the CAA first.
Iran Air - hmmmm....
Ryanair - Leningrad. Really, in the winter??
Stobart - could the unknown destination be either Edinburgh or Glasgow, or both??
TAP Air Portugal - excellent.
Wideroe - a switch from Liverpool, or will it be both.

The latest ACL report for W21 has now been made available to me:

View attachment 23579

My initial reaction so far?

Aer Lingus - still showing for the Winter period, I'd rather see the airline obtain it's UK license from the CAA first.
Iran Air - hmmmm....
Ryanair - Leningrad. Really, in the winter??
Stobart - could the unknown destination be either Edinburgh or Glasgow, or both??
TAP Air Portugal - excellent.
Wideroe - a switch from Liverpool, or will it be both.

I wouldnt think a Wideroe switch would be received well by Norwegian LFC fans who make use of the BGO-LPL route, So I imagine both.

Jordan Aviation are looking to do a 2x weekly service to Aqaba this winter. The timings and days of these flights have not yet available. But will update when they do.

Jordan Aviation are looking to do a 2x weekly service to Aqaba this winter. The timings and days of these flights have not yet available. But will update when they do.
Info supplied by SPD_travels on Twitter. Noticed you’ve shared a couple of bits of info without quoting source

Info supplied by SPD_travels on Twitter. Noticed you’ve shared a couple of bits of info without quoting source
Yes by mistake on this occasion. And I don’t always look at peoples tweets I do also look at airlines websites to.

So before you criticize me please think beforehand as in a lot of cases where I don’t source I do my own research but on this occasion I got that from Twitter and apologies for that. But apart from that I have nothing to be sorry for as I think you should be greatful I put this info out as not everybody uses Twitter.

Yes by mistake on this occasion. And I don’t always look at peoples tweets I do also look at airlines websites to.

So before you criticize me please think beforehand as in a lot of cases where I don’t source I do my own research but on this occasion I got that from Twitter and apologies for that. But apart from that I have nothing to be sorry for as I think you should be greatful I put this info out as not everybody uses Twitter.
Wow, what a lovely attitude. I should be grateful that people copy information and post it as if it’s their own info, don’t source that info and then get shirty with people for being found out.

Amazing. Hope that attitude gets you far in life.

Wow, what a lovely attitude. I should be grateful that people copy information, don’t source and then get shirty with for being found out.

Amazing.
I don’t have to explain myself to you. Maybe you should try being grateful. Are you always this negative?

and if anyone has an attitude problem it’s you. Kindly mute me if you could or if you don’t then I will because I’ve had enough of it. Just because somebody posts something on Twitter doesn’t automatically mean I’ve copied from them. you can get up to 20 different sources saying the same thing does it now mean I’m copying all 20?.

clearly no appreciation so block me.

If you would rather me not post anything to with new routes or things along that line then just say (that goes for anyone) as some users such as the one above have a big issue with it.

Please don't let this get out of hand.

Llandudno pointed out the fact that credit was not given, where it was due, and Concorde_LBA has apologised in post #2.397. I appreciate that SPD_Travels is a very good and valued source of information.

Deep breathes, then relax.

New route
Condor- Manchester-Larnaca

Depart: LCA-08:45 Arrive: MAN-10:40
Depart: MAN-13:00 Arrive: LCA-19:45.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock