The new development is indeed a Farmhouse Inn Restaurant and Bar - a part of Greene King, who just happen to brew all my favourite beers - the prospect of a meal, some Speckled Hen and watching the aircraft take off all at the same time sound great to me. Plenty of room for a hotel in the future - as long as they don't block the view of the runway from the Farmhouse Inn!!

The new pub is coming along nicely, should be open for summer. Lets hope they have an outdoor area for the spotters!

If they don't have somewhere out front for people to sit, have a drink and watch the aircraft they need their heads looking at. It will be massive draw to the public and make them a lot of money.

I expected them to have big patio doors on the Airfield side but that looks to be unlikely based on the way they are building it.

a300boy said:
I expected them to have big patio doors on the Airfield side but that looks to be unlikely based on the way they are building it.
It is a good place for a pub but me thinks it will become a dropping off area to avoid the £3

If people wish to avoid the £3, they should use their common sense and go in the free drop off zone, allowing half an hour free and at least twice as close to the terminal building! There is also no easy way of crossing the road by the the roundabout.

Went past the new pub earlier today. There looks to be plenty of outside seating with a view of the runway! I bet this place will get hammered on a fine weekend! I noticed a sign saying icecream parlour too so it's going to be buzzing with families (and big kids) when it opens.

I went passed early Monday morning taking my son and family to the airport, amazed the progress they had made in the month since I last passed.
For the first time in ages no police van on the airport entry road.

Just a shame it's geographically lower down from the loop. It would have been good during planning for there to have been some form of viewing platform on the roof but I guess we can't have it all.

Remember this is Leeds Bradford Airport where most developments are done first then the thinking process comes later except for Master Plans which seem to get lots of thinking time.

Looks like the airport may have submitted a planning application with Leeds City Council for a new Filling station on Warren House Lane as the following listing has appeared in tonight's Yorkshire Evening Post

scan%252520of%252520paperscan%252520of%252520paper.JPG

Somewhat different to the original masterplan for Airport West. I do wonder what will happen with the land earmarked for the new Airport Village when the airport is already struggling to sell or let office space at Airport West?

All said, a service station does seem a sensible idea given many people who fly from the airport and park there will look for a petrol station before heading off home.

I'm reliably informed the airport company office will be relocating to Airport West freeing up more space in the airport terminal.

Aviador said:
I'm reliably informed the airport company office will be relocating to Airport West freeing up more space in the airport terminal.

This was supposed to happen over a year ago. I understand the quotes for reconfiguring/upgrading all the existing plant in the airport admin block was deemed well over the top. As far as I know the plan was shelved.

Been reliably informed that that a planning application could possibly be submitted to Leeds City Council very soon for an new Airport Hotel to be built on land at Coney Park that is currently occupied by Taxi firm SJK private hire. I understand SJK are vacating the Coney Park site this weekend and moving to a new premises on Henshaw Lane in Yeadon. So watch this space....

Well, there could be some truth in that as the company address now seems to be Sizers Court, Henshaw Lane, Yeadon, Leeds LS19 7DP. So it looks like they are moving.

Is their old site at Coney Park large enough? Clearly Coney Park is but I would expect they would need more land than what an old taxi office stood on to build a new hotel? What else in there does anybody know? It all looks like a travellers yard from Harrogate Road?

Looking at it, I can't see anything coming of this but who knows, I could be wrong. The SJK office was just a portakabin with lots of private travellers caravans surrounding it. Clearly there is enough land surrounding the former SJK offices. Does anybody knows who owns the land or if indeed it has actually been sold to a developer?

SJK office and surrounding area

Aviador said:
Well, there could be some truth in that as the company address now seems to be Sizers Court, Henshaw Lane, Yeadon, Leeds LS19 7DP. So it looks like they are moving.

Is their old site at Coney Park large enough? Clearly Coney Park is but I would expect they would need more land than what an old taxi office stood on to build a new hotel? What else in there does anybody know? It all looks like a travellers yard from Harrogate Road?

I work at Airport West and we park our cars on the Coney Park site! Hope its not going to affect parking!

Is there not sufficient parking on the Airport West site, it looks to have ample parking?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock