Re: Wizzair

Brilliant news. I've flown a few times to Budapest with EasyJet where Wizzair planes were all over the place. Their recent order for 110 (+90) A321s is interesting news too.

I have to say despite WizzAir using BHX as a diversionary airport for it's UK ops,I never thought we would see regular scheduled flights from them.If anything I would have thought EMA would have been more their type of airport.
However this is great news and 2 more Euro. Capitals chalked off the list.
Still waiting for someone to take up Prague. :drinks:

Here is the schedule
Budapest
W62217 BUD1645 | BHX1825 2-6 A320
W62218 BHX1855 | BUD2230 2-6 A320
Warsaw
W61321 WAW0750 | BHX0930 1-5 A320
W61322 BHX1000 | WAW1335 1-5 A320
Information gained from other sources

Well Wizz have large bases in nearly every eastern european route, and do serve 8 routes out of prague, one being to Luton, so who knows what the future holds. launching 2 routes is a good start. the question is will they stay at 2 or is this the start of more ala Norweigen?! BHXs route map with regard to eastern Europe is pretty sparse so plenty of room for potential.

Interestingly, whilst many might think EMA would be more of an obvious candidate for Wizz, they don't serve any MAG airport, but instead they serve Liverpool, Luton and Doncaster, all of which are in direct competition to MAG airports, MAN vs LIV, STN vs LTN , HUM vs DSA and now EMA vs BHX.... maybe this is nothing, but maybe its one airline that doesn't like MAG??? or maybe their relationship with RYR???

Fantastic news indeed. I'm over the moon and it's great to finally see Warsaw and Budapest back :D

Wizz have the potential to bring in huge pax growth and if these two do well there could be more destinations. They also have the advantage of being very well known in the inbound market.

Did anyone else pick up of this from the press release?

Wizz Air spokesman Daniel de Carvalho added: “We hope our first two services to Hungary and Poland will stimulate tourism and hospitality sectors as well as strengthen business relations between the three countries.”

First two services! Does that mean there are more to come?

nwoody2001,actually that is a very good point you make.
If there is any truth in it then hopefully BHX can use it to their advantage.
I just hope RYR don't decide to try WAW and BUD again.

Below is an interesting article with some good analysis from Routes Online. It ends with this:

“Since Ryanair ended its service in 2012, we’ve been working hard to restore our direct link with Birmingham Airport. We served almost 10,000 indirect passengers from Birmingham last year, and with an expected overall potential market for the direct link forecast to be some 31,000 passengers," said Balázs Bogáts, head of airline development, Budapest Airport.

"We are extremely expectant that it won’t be long before we will be announcing a frequency increase on the route,” he added.

It's worth a read :)

http://www.routesonline.com/news/29/bre ... gn=the-hub

Budapest is a wonderful city. You'll need the days in between the flights to experience its delights - very well timed from that perspective. Same for Warsaw wrt short city breaks.

If anyone is planning a break there sure are some excellent intro fares at the moment, I can't see them lasting long.

Fantastic news and again something we were not really expecting. We really really do not know what goes on behind those closed doors.

Again early days for Wizz but if the early success of Norweigan is anything to go by, then Wizz should be the same with a steady increase in flights over the next 1/2 years.

BHX is becoming quite interesting at the minuite, they are having success in quite a few areas where we didnt think they would, this is great to see and shows it can offer airlines something.

Norweigan base serving BHX-Sunshine routes/Scandinavia/Long Haul

Wizz Air base serving BHX and Eastern Europe

SWEET :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

And im really chuffed with the choice of those 2 new destinations.

Warsaw and Budapest, again brilliant choice.

Well done BHX Team

:smile:

10423975_822086141202140_4971366072514965361_n.png

Tut Tut, just a little moan.

I do wish airlines could place where Birmingham actually is.

The last time i looked it wasnt near Northampton. :crazy: :crazy:

Not sure whether I like the old or new livery best. There is a chance we might see their new A321s which they are so far meant to be using on the Luton flights.

jfy1999 said:
Not sure whether I like the old or new livery best. There is a chance we might see their new A321s which they are so far meant to be using on the Luton flights.

Talking of Luton, i heard on another forum that there is not much capacity left at LTN (Dunno if this is true) and are now using other airports like BHX for overspill and expansion.

Great for BHX if true.

How many passengers was Luton designed to carry? If they're using BHX as an overflow airport then here are some destinations we could see from them in the future.
This is Wizz's full destination roster from Luton:
Belgrade, Bourgas, Brno, Bucharest, Budapest, Chișinău (begins 27 October 2015), Cluj-Napoca, Constanța, Craiova (resumes 27 October 2015), Debrecen, Gdańsk, Iași (begins 16 September 2015), Katowice, Košice, Kyiv-Zhulyany, Ljubljana, Lublin, Poprad, Poznań, Prague, Riga, Sibiu, Skopje, Sofia, Szczecin, Târgu Mureș, Timișoara, Varna, Vilnius, Warsaw-Chopin, Wrocław
Seasonal: Split, Ohrid

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock