Has this been confirmed as nothing is bookable from Larnaca for S19, I assumed that it hadn't been released yet?

Given that Blue air have increased frequency of flights from Larnaca to Greece following failure of Cobalt it would seem strange if they pull routes to UK. There must be opportunities on UK flights without Cobalt.

We flew back last weekend into EMA with Jet2 and plane was full.

These two routes have been growing steadily since introduced, I wonder if they may ever reach daily services for the peak period?

Now I've said that they'll probably be dropped :cautious:

Bucharest is starting to go on sale for S20, so far up until August is showing. It looks the same as this year going 4x weekly from March then 5x weekly mid June.

Still nothing for Larnaca past Oct (likewise from LTN).

Looks like the Blue Air are cancelling BHX-LCA after 26th October. No flights bookable past this date.

I originally thought they were perhaps suspending it for Winter, but Blue Air have all of Summer 2020 bookable except BHX and LTN to LCA. I've also got family and friends at Larnaca Airport who have confirmed the cancellation, though nothing from Blue Air yet (I've messaged them multiple times).

I think it's a real shame; the route operates 5 x per week, couldn't they reduce it? It's not a business route so reducing to 2 or 3 per week should absolutely be possible.

We have Jet2, TUI & TCX on the route, but having a carrier based in LCA to operate the route is a huge advantage, as anyone who travels regularly to Cyprus knows. Why? Well, all other carriers pretty much fly back around 22:00-01:00 (03:00 in Cyprus time) from Cyprus to the UK. This is because the airlines do one short route in the morning (e.g. Spain and back) then onto Cyprus. Whereas Blue Air have many day operations on the route which is a huge bonus.

They've also been very popular in the English Cypriot community - having Cypriot air hostesses is something "we" really like, and takes me back to the Cyprus Airways days.... (RIP).

I hope another LCC takes the route as fares are showing very high next year with TUI/TCX/Jet2 as they're primarily package holidays and flight only isn't so cheap.

Looks like the Blue Air are cancelling BHX-LCA after 26th October. No flights bookable past this date.

I originally thought they were perhaps suspending it for Winter, but Blue Air have all of Summer 2020 bookable except BHX and LTN to LCA. I've also got family and friends at Larnaca Airport who have confirmed the cancellation, though nothing from Blue Air yet (I've messaged them multiple times).

I think it's a real shame; the route operates 5 x per week, couldn't they reduce it? It's not a business route so reducing to 2 or 3 per week should absolutely be possible.

We have Jet2, TUI & TCX on the route, but having a carrier based in LCA to operate the route is a huge advantage, as anyone who travels regularly to Cyprus knows. Why? Well, all other carriers pretty much fly back around 22:00-01:00 (03:00 in Cyprus time) from Cyprus to the UK. This is because the airlines do one short route in the morning (e.g. Spain and back) then onto Cyprus. Whereas Blue Air have many day operations on the route which is a huge bonus.

They've also been very popular in the English Cypriot community - having Cypriot air hostesses is something "we" really like, and takes me back to the Cyprus Airways days.... (RIP).

I hope another LCC takes the route as fares are showing very high next year with TUI/TCX/Jet2 as they're primarily package holidays and flight only isn't so cheap.

I read that there may be post Brexit concerns about flying a Romanian registered aircraft between Cyprus and the UK, which is why LTN is also canx.

Hopefully once any issues are sorted it could possibly make a return.

Hi all,

According to Social Media (SeanM on Twitter) the below will begin in June 2020

NEW ROUTE Blue Air - Bacău to Birmingham.
Flights start 17 June 2020 BCM 0730-0900 BHX (Wed & Sun) BHX 0945-1515 BCM (Wed & Sun)

Excellent news.

Cheers

Karl

I must Congratulate 'Birmingham International Airport' hope many more NEW AIRLINES come and of course Tel - Aviv and Jeddah should be served immediate. Overall darlings HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020.....

Great to see this finally announced, it definitely reinforces commitment from Blue Air.

Third destination in Romania and much needed access to the north east of the country.

Excellent news (y)
First thought...where on earth is Bacau.
Second thought: hope Uncle Ray will come to my rescue. He did.

Would be great to have the other Baku one day.

Great news. Things starting to get positive again.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock