Advertisement

Random Stuff!

JENNYJET

Premium Member Plus
Dec 15, 2015
ASTWOOD BANK, WORCESTERSHIRE.
Those individuals allegedly filming the apparent chaos instead of obeying instructions in an emergency situation should face lifetime bans instead of banking illgotten monies , or perhaps saving for a good lawyer to defend possible charges for breach of the relevant section of the current Air Navigation Order that concerns behaviour of passengers on commercial flights etc.

I sometimes want to scream at the selfie generation

Advertisement

Brummiegem

Apr 10, 2014
Birmingham
Unfortunatetly it has become a sign of the times.We are all to blame, in as much as when something happens, good bad or otherwise, out comes the phone and click away.Within seconds it is all over the internet and media.Some will look for money,while others just want to put other peoples misery out there for all to see.
In this case,evacuating the plane was priority,therefore anyone filming should have had their phones taken off them.There should be a law introduced where a prosecution can be brought to anyone using phones and or social media when they should be evacuating a specific area.After all,it is in everyones interest to get away from a problem area ASAP.

On a different note,i see Extinction Rebellion caused chaos today.They blocked the A38 Bristol Road at the Belgrave Middleway junction, one of Brum busiest junctions.
Someone should have a word with them,that while protesting about climate change is fair enough, but slowing ,stopping, start moving, stopping etc actually causes more emissions from vehicles.
As usual it is the ordinary hard working people who end up suffering.

NICE ONE EXTINCTION REBELLION GRRRR!!!!

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
A few weeks ago Extinction Rebellion caused mayhem in Bristol for five consecutive days including at one point blocking the entrance to the M32 for several hours, which is the link from the M4 into the city. In previous protests they demonstrated at Bristol Airport and in the main shopping centre.

As with London some time ago ER's antics consumed huge police resources (for the most part in Bristol standing by to ensure they were able to exercise their human right to demonstrate - didn't matter that the human rights of tens of thousands of others to go about their lawful business were compromised as a result). Some parts of the force area were denuded of cover as a result.

58terminus

Platinum Member
Sep 23, 2016
birmingham
The Police have admitted what they are doing,blocking a public highway, is illegal.
Just off to sit on my local highway to protest about something.Haven't decided what yet but presumably that is irrelevant as the Police
do not judge what peaceful protest is ok and what is illegal based on the subject do they?.
Wonder how long before i am carted off and charged?

jfy1999

Staff member
Apr 25, 2015
Birmingham
Unfortunately they couldn't hold on losing 3-1 in the end but the performance of the centre backs and goalkeeper in particular bodes well for the rest of the season.

Now looking forward to Wolves game, I believe they are in the Europa League, so potential for some BHX charter movements to interesting places?

Ianbutty

Platinum Member
Feb 29, 2016
Essex
Unfortunately they couldn't hold on losing 3-1 in the end but the performance of the centre backs and goalkeeper in particular bodes well for the rest of the season.

Now looking forward to Wolves game, I believe they are in the Europa League, so potential for some BHX charter movements to interesting places?
Was there anything to and from Armenia the other night?

Brum X

Premium Member Plus
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
Thanks Brum X. Their are so many local news reports these days of new buildings it can be confusing as to which sites have actually seen a shovel and which are still just proposals..
But have I got you hooked 58terminus ? Are you interested in all this kinda stuff ?

58terminus

Platinum Member
Sep 23, 2016
birmingham
But have I got you hooked 58terminus ? Are you interested in all this kinda stuff ?
Would not say hooked.Just a Brummie interested in the changing face of the city centre whilst rather despairing of the face of some other areas. Interesting that the building projects that seem to be moving forward at speed involve no input from from Bham City Council
once planning permission is granted..

Brum X

Premium Member Plus
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
Would not say hooked.Just a Brummie interested in the changing face of the city centre whilst rather despairing of the face of some other areas. Interesting that the building projects that seem to be moving forward at speed involve no input from from Bham City Council
once planning permission is granted..
Involve no input, what input would you like them to have exactly ?

Advertisement

Top Bottom