After nearly 40 years away I've recently moved back to Meriden where I grew up. I now have a great view of the 33 approach from the lounge and have got two way communications on the radio again.
Great to have you back posting on F4A.

After nearly 40 years away I've recently moved back to Meriden where I grew up. I now have a great view of the 33 approach from the lounge and have got two way communications on the radio again.

Great to see you back, both on FFA and a return to Meriden (y)

It was a couple of years ago now but the last time we were in the Bulls Head we had a lovely meal.

Lets hope that 33 approach keeps on getting busier.

Certainly a lot busier than it was when I lived here before. Watched the C130 today and it looked tiny but is probably around the same length as the One Elevens and 732s that I used to see. Present day A321s and 737s look enormous in comparison.

Is it a bird, Is it a plane, No it's 12 aircraft warning lights on The Octagon skyscraper in Central Brum :love:

2022/02228/PALand bounded by Paradise Circus, Great Charles Street Queensway and Paradise Place Plot A of Phase 3 of Paradise Development Site Paradise City Centre BirminghamApplication to determine the details for condition number 9 (obstacle lighting scheme) attached to approval 2020/08215/PA.16-03-2022

There will be a total of 12 lights.

View attachment 25519

Is it a bird, Is it a plane, No it's 12 aircraft warning lights on The Octagon skyscraper in Central Brum :love:

2022/02228/PALand bounded by Paradise Circus, Great Charles Street Queensway and Paradise Place Plot A of Phase 3 of Paradise Development Site Paradise City Centre BirminghamApplication to determine the details for condition number 9 (obstacle lighting scheme) attached to approval 2020/08215/PA.16-03-2022

There will be a total of 12 lights.

View attachment 25519
Are the red spots the lights? (I only count 6) and did you intend to post this in the 'Greater Birmingham - Thread' on the Urban Forum?

Kevin

Are the red spots the lights? (I only count 6) and did you intend to post this in the 'Greater Birmingham - Thread' on the Urban Forum?

Kevin

No I meant to post on this page as it's the random thread and to do with aircarft at BHX after all ? Not everybody looks at the Urban forum

Yeah but it's an Octagon shape Kevin, ha so you have 6 lights on the other side too ??

Looks pretty cool, aye ?

I have been absent from the usual banter for which I apologise. My illness has asserted it self somewhat rendering me on occasion, non compus mentis. It is transient by nature and a consequence of Brain Tumour Activity. I assure members that care, that I remain sharp of mind and retain an interest in all matters of aviation and of course, my personal interest and devotion to the subject that is Law . I have gained the qualification of JurisDoctor from Harvard University Law school, a tortuous course of study compressed into a single academic year as a foreign student. A course centred upon the United States Constitution and legal theory given that I am unable to enter into practice. I have rejoined the Ecclesiastical Law Society as differences have been resolved.

I can opine upon the recent coverage of the US Supreme Court judgment concerning abortion in the United States and it will be considered and controversial but only if invited to do so. This is what I have recently been educated to and is fresh to my mind.

I have missed being involved but I restricted my involvement due the attitude of a member that remains unknown to us, never giving but always free with opinion and criticism.

May your God bless you all.

Note, I am in no way religious.

#JENNYJET it is so good to hear from you and can I offer my congratulation on gaining JurisDoctor qualification from Harvard a feat I'm sure that should not be sneered at. Well done and a tribute to your perseverance.
We look forward to any other contributions that you might feel able to make in any of the forums.
Take care and stay safe.
Ps - always around for a chat if you want one.

Scottie, Sir, thanks for your response. A chat is far from my mind however, contact us is open where relevant to the thread of the forum. My words and thoughts are frequently misconstrued and misunderstood as I write as a lawyer unlicensed, without empathy or emotional baggage. Law is about codifying and interpretation. My interest is in the academic sphere and never in the practicable. I specialized in the Constitution of the United States as a diversion from UK LAW.

I gain the academic title within the United States of Doctor. It has no equivalence in the United Kingdom.

I humbly suggest and request that any reference to title or rank, be informal.

Last edited:
A quite lengthy report on tonight's ITV news regarding the possibility of Doncaster Sheffield Airport having to close. Apparently they are losing lots of money, and particularly since Wizzair withdrew services in June. Only TUI have a moderate presence currently.
A six week consultation is taking place to see if anything can be done to turn things round.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock