RIP Darius. Pete Waterman gave him a nice tribute on Itv news tonight and also said he was a real gentleman.
Also sad to hear of Comedian and actor Dougie Brown passing away aged 82. A star of The Comedians TV show, Coronation Street, and the film Kes.

Sadly Dame Angela Lansbury passed away yesterday. She was probably best known for Murder She Wrote but has held various roles in Disney films including Mary Poppins Returns, Bedknobs and Broomsticks and the Beauty and the Beast animated movie as well as many others :(

Robbie Coltrane R.I.P.

Deeply saddened to learn that actor and comedian Robbie Coltrane has passes away aged 72. An extremely talented and much liked man, he will be missed very much.

Thanks for all the entertainment, Robbie.

Kevin

it's funny that the world will mostly remember him for the Harry Potter films but his TV roles made him a real star, especially playing the character of Fitz in Cracker, Must rank as one the best achievements to have been awarded best actor by BAFTA for that role for each year the programme existed. He will be hugely missed.

Noel Duggan RIP

Saddened to read that Noel Duggan, founder and member of Irish folk band Clannad died suddenly aged 73.

Clannad are probably best known for the hauntingly beautiful 'Theme from Harry's Game' -

RIP Noel.

Kevin

Saddened to learn of the passing of Jerry Lee Lewis, aged 87.

Possibly, the original 'Bad Boy of Rock'n'Roll' and known for hits such as 'Great Balls of Fire'.

R.I.P. Jerry

Kevin

it does seem strange to report the following sad news but when relating Andy Warhol's quote that "everybody will be famous for 15 minutes". this person never achieved stardom at the elite level but his moment in fame has lasted 50 years now.

Ronnie Radford, scorer of that goal for Hereford against Newcastle in the 1971-72 FA Cup, has died. If ever I chose to have moments of my life recorded for posterity, that would rank highly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63489122

I'm surprised to see that no mention has been made of the death of Harold Bamberg at the age of 98.

Harold Bamburg, as many of our older members will recall, was the founder, after WWII, of Eagle Aviation which later became Cunard-Eagle and then British Eagle before finally being called BOAC Cunard.

Last edited:
Sad to hear of the death of Christine McVie, 79. A founder member of Fleetwood Mac. RIP.
I saw Fleetwood Mac at the NEC on their 'Tango in the Night' tour and have to say they were excellent. Their album 'Rumours' remains one of my all time favourites.
I believe that Christine McVie was originally from Wolverhampton.

RIP

Kevin

I saw Fleetwood Mac at the NEC on their 'Tango in the Night' tour and have to say they were excellent. Their album 'Rumours' remains one of my all time favourites.
I believe that Christine McVie was originally from Wolverhampton.

RIP

Kevin
Christine McVie has to be one of the greatest British singer/songwriters of the modern age. Never seeking the limelight, except when performing on stage. Some of today's so called celebrities could learn a thing or two from people like her.
I feel sure she has a Midlands connection, although born in a small village in the Lake District. Her father was a well known musician in the Midlands.
A great loss to British music.
Post automatically merged:

Christine McVie was brought up in Bearwood, Birmingham. Her father Cyril Perfect, was a member of the Birmingham Symphony Orchestra.

Last edited:
I must be really ignorant on popular music because I have never heard of Terry Hall or The Specials. It's not as if I am from a different generation as I am not that much older than him.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock