geoff

Aug 3, 2018
Port Talbot
There has been considerable talk on the Birmingham thread regarding the return of services to Doha in 2022(possibly in March), I wonder if there is any possibility of CWL returning to Doha next year? There is an article in the Travel Trade Gazette stating that Qatar wants to triple its visitors to the country.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
There has been considerable talk on the Birmingham thread regarding the return of services to Doha in 2022(possibly in March), I wonder if there is any possibility of CWL returning to Doha next year? There is an article in the Travel Trade Gazette stating that Qatar wants to triple its visitors to the country.
I expect for Cardiff it might well depend on Australia and New Zealand opening and having no restrictions for travellers.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Qatar Airways might want to be firing on all cylinders again by this time next year when the FIFA World Cup begins there.

Foxlimayankee

Premium Member+
Subscriber
Jan 21, 2017
South
Interesting spot on the BHX forum. QR BHX-DOH on sale on google flights. Checked CWL-DOH and it is also on sale from 28th March with direct timings and prices. Although when selecting the site to actually book it's not bookable.
Something to keep an eye on. Have checked dates prior to 28th March and it doesn't come up at all.

CM.

Apr 29, 2021
Leeds
Interesting spot on the BHX forum. QR BHX-DOH on sale on google flights. Checked CWL-DOH and it is also on sale from 28th March with direct timings and prices. Although when selecting the site to actually book it's not bookable.
Something to keep an eye on. Have checked dates prior to 28th March and it doesn't come up at all.
It’s apparently something to do with the British Airways Codeshare so changes are likely. According to a well known source.

Tinkerman

Jun 25, 2011
Something to watch, but I would suspect this is some sort of booking system error. That doesn’t seem like a sufficient lead time for bookings for such a route, in addition to some sort of continued COVID uncertainty. I remain hopeful of some sort of return in the short-to-medium term though.

Foxlimayankee

Premium Member+
Subscriber
Jan 21, 2017
South
Something to watch, but I would suspect this is some sort of booking system error. That doesn’t seem like a sufficient lead time for bookings for such a route, in addition to some sort of continued COVID uncertainty. I remain hopeful of some sort of return in the short-to-medium term though.
Makes sense, but hopefully its something positive. Australia border is open for Australian national. I wonder if they are anticipating the border to open to foreign national in a few months time. Fingers crossed! I'm sure there's plenty of pent up travellers looking to make a trip in either direction after the borders being closed for so long.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.