That is the question.

The Air Arabia Maroc rumour first surfaced around 18 months or so before it was actually announced and I'd all but given up hope.

I'm assuming that it's now too late for anything this summer, so if we're talking 2020 then it could be announced toward the end of this year. That kind of fits with Tom Screen saying that they were targeting Westjet and Jetblue for 2020.

Time will tell.

And Orlando will be back to daily soon as well....

...cannot see the economics of NYC. Too much capacity on the route from Birmingahm's other two airports south of Manchester and west of London. As long as Brummies continue to make the tracks north and south and support those flights, then the airlines will continue to only serve those routes and not care where in the UK passengers come from as long as they travel though MAN and LHR. We don't stand a chance. Hate to be negative but I cannot see a return any time soon.

Happy to be proven wrong...again (I backed Primera to be huge....ooops)

...cannot see the economics of NYC. Too much capacity on the route from Birmingahm's other two airports south of Manchester and west of London. As long as Brummies continue to make the tracks north and south and support those flights, then the airlines will continue to only serve those routes and not care where in the UK passengers come from as long as they travel though MAN and LHR. We don't stand a chance. Hate to be negative but I cannot see a return any time soon.

Indeed - even without Brexit going on there's been enough bad news in aviation over the last 18 months leaving most us of with little hope for the future.

I do hope these rumours about NYC and Mumbai come to something but I can't hold out much hope.

As Ray quoted BHX think there is very little chance of DL, UA or AA at BHX or at any other regional airport in the future.

JetBlue is the answer
Providing they enter the transatlantic market soon, it would be great news for BHX.
I'd say there are many reasons for this:
  • Brand awareness - JetBlue is a very well known and respected airline, so passengers would be much more confident flying JetBlue than the full service carriers. while there may be some in the UK who are not aware of this airline, the others who do would like to fly with an airline with mostly positive reviews. It has a big advantage compared to Primera Air as it is a much more organised and reliable airline.
  • Potentially lower fares than UA and AA - giving passengers great options to fly to the US and benefiting from a massive number of flight connections across the USA.
  • And of course, the A321LR - brand new planes that will have enough range to reach JFK/EWR directly.
While JetBlue may fly to one of the London airports first, it would make great sense for them to fly into Birmingham as demand is high and they face no competition at the moment. I wish them all the success if they do decide to fly across the pond.

However Ian as there are currently no flights from BHX to New York Direct what are Brummies supposed to do ?? :unsure:

But some people want to fly direct for what ever reasons and they cant fly from BHX.

And with the highest respect Jerry, going backwards on yourself to AMS would be rather strange to most people.
what's the difference between going to Amsterdam and Heathrow or Manchester?

The engine issues have nothing to do with it; More rather the archaic seating capacity limits within the bilaterals AND a sudden realisation that deploying a narrow body with an intermediate stop would be burning wedges of money, when competing with Air India Jet and BA none stop UK flights oh and the heavy weights in the sandpit.

what's the difference between going to Amsterdam and Heathrow or Manchester?

Id do it Jerry as im a plane geek and the thought of going via AMS excites me, that wont be the feeling of lots of people and the thought of having to change planes is not an inviting prospect. Some people would prefer to fly direct and they can only fly direct from London/Manchester in England.

Brumx - KLM have been active in taking UK passengers back and forth over the Atlantic since the 1960s . They have extensive knowledge and presence in this market space.
Even during the heady days of UK- Canadian VFR travel in the seventies they were the third biggest scheduled player with their cooperation with CP-Air via Amsterdam.

Brumx - KLM have been active in taking UK passengers back and forth over the Atlantic since the 1960s . They have extensive knowledge and presence in this market space.
Even during the heady days of UK- Canadian VFR travel in the seventies they were the third biggest scheduled player with their cooperation with CP-Air via Amsterdam.

I am well aware of that rutamkrd but that still doesnt mean that every Brummie wanting to fly to New York wants to do it that way or go with Aer Lingus (Another airline who have extensive knowledge in this market place). Many people would prefer to fly direct from MAN and stay on one aircraft especially if you are a family with young children.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock