Route Development & Rumours

Advertisement

Kevin Farnell

Platinum Member
May 21, 2013
www.flickr.com
Icelandair seemed to leave in a hurry. Was this because they were upset with BHX for some reason? Their monthly pax figures had been falling but the planned introduction of the 737MAX (yes, I know - that's another story) would have been ideal and possibly allowed for a more frequent service.
I would like to see them back due to their convenient links to the USA.

Kevin

KJAY 786

Oct 4, 2019
BIRMINGHAM
Birmingham International needs Uzbekistan Airlines- demand is high and having them with Asian Community Needs and connections to India and Pakistan they will be very busy. (Birmingham Airport should have kept original airport design and the second runway and invested in new airport terminals I am not sure why they have silly car parking facilities high charges a small terminal we need more space) Airlines need to stay in BHX - and NOT leave- love you all at Birmingham International Airport love you my dears x x x

rollo

Platinum Member
Aug 26, 2014
Wasn't bringing it up again, previous post mentioned that we needed a flight to Keflavik.
Not arguing against you at all just trying to point out that three airlines all major players in their markets to USA all cleared off at the same time and now we have diddly, maybe it's my terminology.

Regular flights to Iceland would be great for us.

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
What use would the BHX slots be to Easyjet? They don't base at BHX and TCX slots would be timed around based aircraft I'd have thought?

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Why would I look at Manchester? I’m interested in BHX
On the Manchester forum it's believed that the reporter has got mixed up and made a mistake. Easyjet bought slots at LGW and BRS while Jet2 bought slots at BHX, MAN and STN.

Top Bottom